Gombrowicz courses

Katherina Kokinova

Sep 2, 2015, 4:39:38 AM9/2/15
to Witold Gombrowicz Forum
Dear Gombrowiczians,

Thank you sincerely for joining me in this initiative to set a space for Gombrowiczian discussions, which are open to everyone interested. Feel free to start any Gombro-related topic: inquiries, announcements about events or new publications, etc.

Some housekeeping first:
What do you think - is it better to start topics both in English and Polish whenever possible or should we be using English/Polish as the default language? I believe that everyone who has joined the forum thus far knows English, but I'm not sure that all know Polish. Besides, it seems a little time-consuming to compose in both languages (in that connection, apologies for this message in English only).
If you can think of a better web space that would host us, please do not hesitate to let me know.

I'd like to open with the inquiry where and what Gombrowicz courses you know about (even if they are not taught any more). I am asking about courses focusing (mainly) on Gombro, not general Polish XX c. courses.

I can list a few:
- Witold Gombrowicz: Literature and Existence - Prof. dr hab. Michał Paweł Markowski, Uniwersytet Jagielloński, in English
- Gombrowicz: The Writer as Philosopher - Prof. Bożena Shallcross, U of Chicago, in English
Milosz and Gombrowicz. The Dialectic of Belief and Disbelief - Dr hab. L. Tischner, Uniwersytet Jagielloński, in English
- Nabokov (and Gombrowicz) - Ass. Prof. Andrea Lanoux, Connecticut College, in English

I guess prof. dr hab. Jerzy Jarzębski also gave a course on Gombrowicz at some point? I know that in 2013 he included several classes on the short-stories in a detective stories course (along with H. P. Lovecraft and others).

More general context in which Gombrowicz may be found among other Modern Slavic writers:
- The 20th-Century Post-Realist Novel in Eastern Europe: Conference Course // Literature and Art in an Era of Crisis and Oppression: Modernism in Eastern Europe - Prof. George G. Grabowicz, Harvard, in English

Best wishes,
Katherina

Katherina Kokinova

Sep 3, 2015, 9:48:28 AM9/3/15
to Nicolás Hochman, Witold Gombrowicz Forum
Dear Gombrowiczians,

Nicolas wrote to me that he had some technical issues with posting. I've made the settings so that all members can post directly (the only exception for web posting that has been disabled for some members is made by their domain administrator). So if anyone else is experiencing something like that, do please let me know. I have no idea what the problem is and would appreciate some technical help from anyone in the know. Otherwise, in order to post to this group, just send email to gombrowi...@googlegroups.com
Best,
Kate

Here is what Nicolas wrote yesterday:

Hello Kate, hello everybody. Thanks for the information. I will publish it in the social networks of the Gombrowicz Congress:
Facebook: Congreso Gombrowicz
Twitter: @congresoWG
Best regards.

Nicolás Hochman, from Argentina

On 2 September 2015 at 21:42, Nicolás Hochman <hochma...@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
Hello Kate, hello everybody. Thanks for the information. I will publish it in the social networks of the Gombrowicz Congress:
Facebook: Congreso Gombrowicz
Twitter: @congresoWG
Best regards.

Nicolás Hochman, from Argentina

Jan 27, 2016, 5:24:18 AM1/27/16
to Witold Gombrowicz Forum
Dear Gombrowiczians,

Here are some Gombro lectures from the Muzeum we Wsoli website:
http://www.muzeumgombrowicza.pl/pl/czytaj/31/0/dla-belfra

Best,
Kate

On Wednesday, September 2, 2015 at 11:39:38 AM UTC+3, Katherina Kokinova wrote:
Dear Gombrowiczians,