using goliath inside rails app

mehdi benchoufi

Mar 23, 2014, 8:41:39 PM3/23/14
to golia...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Suppose I have a rails app, and I want to use Goliath only for some specific chat function. So I pointed some route to some controller that inherits from `Goliath::API` , but it doesn't seem to work. Is there a way to do that ?

Best,

Thiago Lewin

Mar 24, 2014, 11:12:24 AM3/24/14
to golia...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mehdi,

  It will not work, because Goliath is not just a framework like rails, but a web server too, which means that Goliath app should be running in its own instance.
  One way two do it is setup a Reverse Proxy in front of your application and redirect the chat requests to the Goliath app and the others to the rails app.
  I used the Nginx to achieve it in one of my applications, just google "nginx reverse proxy", but there are others softwares where you can do the same.

Regards,
Thiago