Airbrake Middleware && env['rack.errors'] && -d

Exiquio Cooper-Anderson

Jul 23, 2013, 11:12:39 AM7/23/13
to golia...@googlegroups.com
I have a little bit of middleware code to notify Airbrake loosely based off the following Gists:

Like the above examples, my implementation relies on the value of env['rack.errors'] to trigger most notifications. This chunk of code works perfect running Goliath in a non-daemonized fashion, but the notification code never seems to be called when -d is passed in an argument. A co-conspirator noted the following after a complaint or two from me:

This matches what I'm looking at from my logs via Syslog (thanks for delivering the new gem):

"rack.errors"=>#<IO:/Users/exiquio/code/rackspace/mediator/goliath.log_stdout.log>

I writing y'all to see if I'm missing an obvious way to get around this. Thanks in advance.

Exiquio Cooper-Anderson

Jul 26, 2013, 1:59:42 PM7/26/13
to golia...@googlegroups.com
Turns out you don't want to set Airbrake to async. I aslo had some confusion about errors vs exceptions when dealing with rack.

RESOLVED.