Christmas Relays are back!

GGRC Race Coordinator

Nov 2, 2021, 10:54:35 AM11/2/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
Morning Everyone,

WVTC has announced that Christmas Relays are back on this year and it's time to start assembling your teams! 🎅🏃🎄

Full details and registration for the event located here:

If you didn't know... Christmas Relays is an event GGRC participates in annually and is a 4-person relay format run around Lake Merced.  Group up in teams of 4 and pick a fun theme to all dress in costume to - most of the pictures on the website of people having fun in awesome dress are past and current GGRC members :)

When: 9am Sunday Dec. 19th
Where: Sunset Circle Parking lot - Lake Merced
Cost: $120 per team (prices go up Nov. 21st)

Other Fun Stuff:
As is customary, we will be having an afternoon after party at a GGRC members house to celebrate the end of the year and announce our new board members.  This year Sarah and Erica have graciously offered up their place, so be sure to keep the later part of your day open for food and drink and more good times!

If you're interested but don't know a team to join, give me your name and contact info and I will do my best to connect free agents together.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

-Jakob
GGRC Race Coordinator

GGRC Race Coordinator

Nov 15, 2021, 7:12:54 PM11/15/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
Reminder to form your Christmas Relay teams, list them on our shared spreadsheet, and register on the WVTC site.  Prices go up November 21, so lock your team in soon to save some $$$.
We've got some free agents on the spreadsheet, so if you're thinking about making a team, reach out to those folks interested to make your foursome complete.

More details to come on the afterparty, but plan to hang out in the Inner Richmond (hosted by Sarah & Erica) with food provided by GGRC and BYOB after the races are complete to celebrate our new incoming board members of 2022.

Registration here:

GGRC tracking spreadsheet here:

-Jakob
GGRC Race Coordinator

GGRC President

Dec 18, 2021, 9:53:16 PM12/18/21
to Golden Gate Running Club
Hi all,

Looking forward to seeing many of you tomorrow at Christmas Relays and our afterparty/board handoff celebration! A few reminders/additional pieces of info about the day:

1. Get there early because parking can be tough. For those running, you should have received an email from the race organizer (West Valley Track Club) with more details about parking and a couple other things.
2. We will have a tent setup in the parking lot. I believe we will have a sign too or you can look for me in a ridiculous Christmas tree costume.
3. 10 minutes before the start (8:50 am), we will take a group picture so be there in costume.
4. Bring snacks and drinks to enjoy pre- and post- running.
5. Dress warm! Temps at the start are forecasted to be in the low 40's.

Even if you are not running, we'd love to see you out at the race cheering on our teams and/or at the afterparty, graciously hosted by Sarah and Erica at their house in the Richmond.

When: We'll head over there when the relays wrap up, about 12-12:30 pm.
Where: The address is 252 10th Ave (not A or B, just 252 - stay to the left).
What: There will be empanadas, tacos, burritos, rice and beans. Please bring your own beverages to enjoy and share!

If you have any questions, let me know!

Thanks!

Gabrielle
GGRC President 2022