Titles not updating on Trends Charts

David Farquhar

Apr 26, 2023, 3:13:01 PM4/26/23
to golden-cheetah-users
I have several charts that I have created.  I wanted to update the titles but they are not changing.  Is there any way to force them to reload?

Ale Martinez

Apr 27, 2023, 7:53:37 AM4/27/23
to golden-cheetah-users
El miércoles, 26 de abril de 2023 a la(s) 16:13:01 UTC-3, David Farquhar escribió:
I have several charts that I have created.  I wanted to update the titles but they are not changing.  Is there any way to force them to reload?

You can change title on top of chart settings and ir will be updated immediately when the dialog is closed Ok. Perspectives layouts are saved to html files on program exit, or when using export perspective.

David Farquhar

Apr 27, 2023, 11:41:00 AM4/27/23
to golden-cheetah-users
Mine doesn't seem to update when I change the title.  See attached screenshots of the process I'm following.  The initial shot at 16:37.47 shows the title.  I then go into Chart Settings and change the Title, and click Done (16.38.10) but the title doesn't update (16.38.16)
Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 16.37.53.png
Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 16.38.10.png
Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 16.37.47.png
Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 16.38.16.png
Message has been deleted

Ale Martinez

Apr 27, 2023, 5:34:46 PM4/27/23
to golden-cheetah-users
El jueves, 27 de abril de 2023 a la(s) 12:41:00 UTC-3, David Farquhar escribió:
Mine doesn't seem to update when I change the title.  See attached screenshots of the process I'm following.  The initial shot at 16:37.47 shows the title.  I then go into Chart Settings and change the Title, and click Done (16.38.10) but the title doesn't update (16.38.16)

In Tiled mode is SubTitle, instead of Title, what gets displayed at top center. Switching to Tabbed mode will show the Title in the charts bar.
Subtitle cannot be changed directly for Metric Trends charts, but it will be updated if you change the chart selected in Trends sidebar.
I think nobody used Tiled mode for Trends view, so this likely comes unnoticed from ages, now with perspectives it may be more common and this should be fixed, eventually.

David Farquhar

Apr 28, 2023, 11:50:31 AM4/28/23
to Ale Martinez, golden-cheetah-users
Thanks, that works well.  Select any chart in the sidebar and the titles update.  I prefer the tiled view because then I can see lots of graphs at once