Arranging Overview Tiles GC V3.6 Dev builds

Alan Benstead

Nov 2, 2021, 5:25:35 PM11/2/21
to golden-cheetah-users
I am struggling to arrange the tiles in the Overview Chart to get the view that I would like. I work my way down from the top of the chart aligning tiles of the same sizes next to each other, then when I move another tile (of the same width) into place below those that are already arranged, the previous tiles move to the bottom of the chart. I have tried dragging the borders to resize, and ctrl+drag.
What am I not understanding? I have looked through the messages and have not found any real answers.

Ale Martinez

Nov 2, 2021, 7:43:32 PM11/2/21
to golden-cheetah-users

Alan Benstead

Nov 3, 2021, 11:15:01 AM11/3/21
to golden-cheetah-users
I have discovered a bit more about the issues I was experiencing. Yesterday I updated to the latest build on AppVeyor, When I opened GC my Overview chart tile arrangement was messed up from what I had been using. I tried to correct it and could not get the tiles to align in the places they were before, tried resizing, adjusting column span, but nothing solved the problem. I had previously exported the chart as a backup, tried importing it and the alignment was still messed up.
I then uninstalled the latest build and installed the build dated Oct 28. Imported the Overview chart and the tiles were aligned properly. I tried moving the tiles around and every worked as I expected.

Mark Liversedge

Nov 3, 2021, 11:26:09 AM11/3/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Can you share your overview chart that "messes up"  - would be interested to see what the problem is

Alan Benstead

Nov 3, 2021, 12:13:19 PM11/3/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark,
I have attached the Overview chart along with 3 images showing how it should look. I tried to do a scrolling screen capture but it gets confused with the scrolling windows within GC. Also you will probably notice my comment in the title to the PMC TRIMP pts chart regarding the dates. There is a one day difference between the cursor position readout on the X-axis and the date displayed in the Legend. I determined that the Legend date is correct.
Image 3.jpg
Image 2.jpg
Image 1.jpg
Overview.gchart

Mark Liversedge

Nov 3, 2021, 1:53:06 PM11/3/21
to golden-cheetah-users
On Wednesday, 3 November 2021 at 16:13:19 UTC alan.b...@yahoo.com wrote:
Hi Mark,
I have attached the Overview chart along with 3 images showing how it should look.

Yes, this is helpful. When a column is empty we shift the items to the right across to fill it, but in this case we did not take into account that the column is spanned by other tiles. Will fix.

Mark

Mark Liversedge

Nov 4, 2021, 5:22:57 AM11/4/21
to golden-cheetah-users

Alan Benstead

Nov 4, 2021, 11:08:58 AM11/4/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Mark,
Thank you for the quick fix, much appreciated.

RoKA

Jan 19, 2022, 12:09:29 PM1/19/22
to golden-cheetah-users

I am struggling to arrange the tiles as well (e.g. in my Run Overview, see attachments).

If I pick TotalElevation from row 5/column2 it drops always to row1/column3. I can’t let it drop to row2/column4.
If I pick TotalRunScore from row 1/column5 it drops always to row1/column3. I can’t let it drop to row3/column4.

 What moving tile strategy should I apply?

 Environment: Win10 latest updates, GoldenCheetah Release November 29 2021, Build id: 4009

 Anyway I appreciate very much the new Perspectives and Tile possibilities to create my own layout in Trends and Activities. Many thanks to the developers involved.

ArrangingTiles3.JPG
ArrangingTiles2.JPG
ArrangingTiles1.JPG

Richard Köhler

Feb 28, 2024, 12:52:11 PMFeb 28
to golden-cheetah-users
Sorry to say this, but rearranging tiles is real pain in the a*s. As RoKA said more than 2 years ago, one can't move tiles to desired rows and collumns. The other tiles are always jumping arround, Iit is literally a lottery, where your tile will end up, once you release the mouse button.

Is there any set rule one should follow to rearrange tiles in convenient way?

Mark Liversedge

Feb 29, 2024, 1:05:16 PMFeb 29
to golden-cheetah-users
I think there may be a bug in there because IME column 1 rearranges fine, the rest not so much.

Mark