Where is 3.6 ?

301 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

Panos

ulæst,
21. jun. 2022, 16.11.0621.06.2022
til golden-cheetah-users
....and what is the project plan for the future ?

Ale Martinez

ulæst,
21. jun. 2022, 17.05.5821.06.2022
til golden-cheetah-users

frodri...@gmail.com

ulæst,
22. jun. 2022, 02.45.5422.06.2022
til golden-cheetah-users
Obscure answer to a simple question. I am really in no hurry, but every now and then I come here to see what the status is... I gave up long ago in trying to understand scheduled release timeframes.

Again, I understand this is a pro bono effort and we are not in a position to demand anything.

Ale Martinez

ulæst,
22. jun. 2022, 08.02.2222.06.2022
til golden-cheetah-users
El miércoles, 22 de junio de 2022 a la(s) 03:45:54 UTC-3, frodri...@gmail.com escribió:
Obscure answer to a simple question. I am really in no hurry, but every now and then I come here to see what the status is...

It is the most precise answer available: In that link you can see exactly what issues are still pending, and so to evaluate if current snapshot builds are worth to be used.

I gave up long ago in trying to understand scheduled release timeframes.

That is even simpler: there is none.

Again, I understand this is a pro bono effort and we are not in a position to demand anything.

Great, so you understand the rationale for no schedule.

H R

ulæst,
24. jun. 2022, 11.29.3124.06.2022
til golden-cheetah-users
Is there perhaps an easy way to contribute? I'm pretty sure many here would be willing to throw in some effort.

Ale Martinez

ulæst,
24. jun. 2022, 17.33.0924.06.2022
til golden-cheetah-users
El viernes, 24 de junio de 2022 a la(s) 12:29:31 UTC-3, romm...@protonmail.com escribió:
Is there perhaps an easy way to contribute? I'm pretty sure many here would be willing to throw in some effort.

Yes, there are several items where experienced (power?) users could help, since they don't require changes to source code:

1) We are in the process to upgrade builds to Qt5.15 LTS,  this involves changing the way background refresh works and it needs more testing, there is a Windows installer ready for use available at https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Joern-R/goldencheetah-knhd8/builds/43979408/artifacts and feedback would be useful before to generate macOS and Linux builds, since this process use Travis-ci credits. This is the easy one.
2) We need to create a new set of default layouts, v3.6 includes switchable perspectives and new Overview and User Charts, these features are very powerful but I am afraid it will not be fully appreciated if we launch the new version with current defaults. In particular it would be useful to have separate perspectives for Bike with/without power, Run without/with power, Swim and Row in Analysis view. For Trends view we could have Sport specific and Multisport perspectives plus others for specific uses s.t. modelling, HRV, etc. This is far from an easy one, but contributions are welcome.
3) We need to complete documentation of the new features in the Wiki, the wiki is open for contributions.
4) We need to create some tutorials of the new features for new users, the main site cannot be directly changed but we could add them once they are hosted on Vimeo/Youtube/etc.

Cheers, Ale.

Steve Edmonds

ulæst,
1. jul. 2022, 20.53.5301.07.2022
til golden-che...@googlegroups.com
WRT perspectives in the Wiki, would it be logical for instance to add a brief reference in UG_Side Bar_Train view + more detail in say UG_Special Topics_Perspectives.

Ale Martinez

ulæst,
2. jul. 2022, 08.08.2402.07.2022
til golden-cheetah-users
El viernes, 1 de julio de 2022 a la(s) 21:53:53 UTC-3, Steve Edmonds escribió:
WRT perspectives in the Wiki, would it be logical for instance to add a brief reference in UG_Side Bar_Train view + more detail in say UG_Special Topics_Perspectives.

No, Perspectives selector belongs to the toolbar, it is not specific for Train View.

Ale Martinez

ulæst,
5. jul. 2022, 20.35.2605.07.2022
til golden-cheetah-users