Bryton problem in GC

alex sankovic

Jul 28, 2018, 3:44:51 PM7/28/18
to golden-cheetah-users
hi !

i'm using an bryton rider 330 headunit but i saw that the avg pwr is diffrent to what i see on my unit after i finish my ride and also on other platforms , for exsample last ride i did after i finish'd my unit show'd 188avg , trainingpeaks and strava show'd the same in GC the avg was 128?!?! only the nonzero power show'd my the same number i got on my unit and on the other platforms, NP was also off but the TSS was the same as in my unit and in TP , is that an headunit problem or maybe some error with Gc?

anyother users of bryton had the same problem or saw the same thing?

alex

Ale Martinez

Jul 28, 2018, 5:13:10 PM7/28/18
to golden-cheetah-users
It's a known problem, see https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/issues/2029 for details and workarounds, Damien has fixed it recently, so it will work in the next dev build.

Mark Liversedge

Jul 29, 2018, 4:39:09 AM7/29/18
to golden-cheetah-users
Also check using latest firmware as Bryton have confirmed they have fixed their firmware to generate FIT files to remove duplicate timestamps.
I do not know when it will be released (or if it already has)

Mark

alex sankovic

Jul 29, 2018, 8:11:03 AM7/29/18
to golden-cheetah-users
the unit is updated as it upgrades it self if you uplode via wifi . @Ale the next dev build will be for 3,5 or compleatly new? maybe the problem is becuse i still use 3.4 build on my pc 3.5 does not work , even if i do what you recomendet to me it is still slow and laggs all the time .

Ale Martinez

Jul 29, 2018, 11:09:38 AM7/29/18
to golden-cheetah-users
El domingo, 29 de julio de 2018, 9:11:03 (UTC-3), alex sankovic escribió:
the unit is updated as it upgrades it self if you uplode via wifi . @Ale the next dev build will be for 3,5 or compleatly new?

Next build of v3.5, there are very few changes from the last one, the handling of duplicate timestamps as present in Bryton FIT files is one of them.