GC3.6Dev crashing with R4.1.2, not loading ggpubr on 3.6

Dave Penlington

Dec 5, 2021, 6:58:35 AM12/5/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Any help to a novice would be appreciated. Had to have a MacBook Pro 2020 rebuild and have been trying to restore my own R plots into GC.

Haved thankfully recovered my activity data via backup but struggling to get R plots to work.

If I use the latest R (4.1.2) then GC 3.6 Dev (Nov) instally crashes with an error log beyond my simple comprehension. If I revert back to R3.6 most of the packages work but get a package and namespace error when it attempts to load ggpubr. I have used install.packages ("ggpubr", dependencies=TRUE). I whave loaded Tidyverse as that was one web suggestion and "Car".  I have loaded ggplot2 directly which is a stated dependency for ggpubr

GC will not recognise R2.7.0. Have not tried GC3.5 but will reluctantly give than a go

On Monteray for the Mac. Have ran out of ideas :(

Dave Penlington

Dec 5, 2021, 9:21:27 AM12/5/21
to golden-cheetah-users
This fixed it:
Install from CRAN as follow: install.packages("ggpubr") Or, install the latest version from GitHub as follow:
#
Install if(!require(devtools)) install.packages("devtools")
devtools::install_github("kassambara/ggpubr")