Garmin Connect tab

Luca Poppi

Jun 4, 2023, 6:33:04 AM6/4/23
to golden-cheetah-users
Ciao
since few months I'm not anymore able to get the login page page from Gaming connect tab (see attached), just a white screen
I'm on Ventura with Apple studio M1.
My default browser is Safari

Many thanks
Luca
Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 12.31.38.png
Message has been deleted

Ale Martinez

Jun 5, 2023, 12:20:21 PM6/5/23
to golden-cheetah-users
I can reproduce this on Windows 11 with lates snapshot, the log looks like this:

[9:25:02.249] warning: i18next::backendConnector: loading namespace prelogin_pages for language en-US failed failed loading /web-translations/prelogin_pages/prelogin_pages_en-US.json
[9:25:02.470] warning: i18next::backendConnector: loading namespace main_container for language en-US failed failed loading /web-translations/main_container/main_container_en-US.json
[9:25:02.534] warning: i18next::backendConnector: loading namespace segment for language en-US failed failed loading /web-translations/segment/segment_en-US.json
[9:25:02.550] warning: i18next::backendConnector: loading namespace device for language en-US failed failed loading /web-translations/device/device_en-US.json
[9:25:23.842] critical: TypeError: t.replaceAll is not a function

Poncho

Jun 5, 2023, 1:25:02 PM6/5/23
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com

Luca Poppi

Jun 8, 2023, 1:38:29 PM6/8/23
to golden-cheetah-users
ciao
forgot to mention before GC build 4013 Jun 3
I have seen that Garmin has changed the look of the sign in page, maybe there is something more than just cosmetic...but I'm hopeless with IT stuff
thanks anyhow

Luca

ckli...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2023, 4:28:42 AM6/17/23
to golden-cheetah-users
I have the same problem with the white screen when trying to log in.
macOS HighSierra

The mentioned link does not work for me either.

Ale Martinez

Jun 17, 2023, 9:30:46 AM6/17/23
to golden-cheetah-users
El lunes, 5 de junio de 2023 a la(s) 14:25:02 UTC-3, Poncho escribió:
Try to use https://connect.garmin.com/modern/ instead of
https://connect.garmin.com/signin/

That worked for me, until I had to login again.
It seems the Garmin Connect login page has changed in a way incompatible with the Qt5 WebEngine embedded browser we are using in GC, errors can be seen in looking at goldencheetah.log, or at the console using --debug command line.
I'm afraid there is no much we can do since currently we cannot build using Qt6, and I don't know if it will work in that case either.

ckli...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2023, 1:23:38 AM6/27/23
to golden-cheetah-users
I have a workaround that works for me (macOS, HighSierra):
- Go to the Garmin tab in activity mode. --> The screen is white.
- Press the small triangle next to the tab title ("Garmin")
- Go to the URL input field and press Return. --> The Garmin page appears.
- Press the login button in the Garmin page --> the screen is white again.
- Press Ctrl and click on the white screen (right mouse click). A popup windows appears with several options.
- Select the back option. --> The Garmin Login page appears and you can log in.

Christian

Salvatore Scafidi

Jan 13, 2024, 1:20:41 PMJan 13
to golden-cheetah-users
I have same issue on my Windows PC... is there a fix?

Ale Martinez

Jan 15, 2024, 8:12:36 AMJan 15
to golden-cheetah-users
El sábado, 13 de enero de 2024 a la(s) 3:20:41 p.m. UTC-3, Salvatore Scafidi escribió:
I have same issue on my Windows PC... is there a fix?

Not one ready to use that I know. For the future there is some hope, I started building and testing GoldenCheetah on Windows using Qt 6.2.4 and Garmin Connect login is ok, but we need to work on download intercept and it is not ready for general use.

For now, you can use Garmin Connect from your system browser and, if you want to avoid the additional import step when exporting original files, you can setup an Auto Import folder as explained in the wiki so they will be automatically imported on next GC start.

Ale Martinez

Jan 15, 2024, 8:51:30 AMJan 15
to golden-cheetah-users
El lunes, 15 de enero de 2024 a la(s) 10:12:36 a.m. UTC-3, Ale Martinez escribió:
El sábado, 13 de enero de 2024 a la(s) 3:20:41 p.m. UTC-3, Salvatore Scafidi escribió:
I have same issue on my Windows PC... is there a fix?

Not one ready to use that I know. For the future there is some hope, I started building and testing GoldenCheetah on Windows using Qt 6.2.4 and Garmin Connect login is ok, but we need to work on download intercept and it is not ready for general use.

Download intercept fix was an easy one, so building with Qt 6.2.4 makes Garmin Connect login with auto import on download working again, no installer available yet, so below recommendation still is the best we have available now: