Variability Index

Darren Cope

May 23, 2013, 5:03:12 PM5/23/13
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully I'm just blind, but I'm having trouble finding where Variability Index is hiding in the latest RC of GC3. Where can I find it, or does it go by another name?

Mark Liversedge

May 23, 2013, 5:13:34 PM5/23/13
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Its called "VI" in the metrics, along with IF, NP and TSS.

Regards,
Mark

Brett Dikeman

May 23, 2013, 5:50:53 PM5/23/13
to Mark Liversedge, golden-che...@googlegroups.com
This reminds me: is it necessary to abbreviate so much, in an age of
so many large and high resolution screens? Or can tooltips be used
more?

It's nice for everyone who knows all these terms already, but a bit
lousy for those learning...

Anyway, food for thought.

-B
> --

Darren Cope

May 24, 2013, 1:13:36 PM5/24/13
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, Mark Liversedge
Thanks Mark,

I found it in the Diary view, where it can be added as a column. Is there any way to see it in the Analysis view as well?

Brett; good point. I think in some cases, it still needs to be abbreviated due to space, but a tooltip with the full wording (and perhaps even a brief description) would be fantastic. I find that cyclinganalytics.com does a great job of this, where mousing over a '?" beside any term will give you more info.

Cheers,

Darren
> email to golden-cheetah-users+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Jon Escombe

May 24, 2013, 2:07:46 PM5/24/13
to Darren Cope, golden-che...@googlegroups.com, Mark Liversedge
Hi,

Options -> Metrics, where you can add to both Summary and Intervals.

Regards,
Jon

On 24/05/13 18:13, Darren Cope wrote:
> Thanks Mark,
>
> I found it in the Diary view, where it can be added as a column. Is
> there any way to see it in the Analysis view as well?
>
> Brett; good point. I think in some cases, it still needs to be
> abbreviated due to space, but a tooltip with the full wording (and
> perhaps even a brief description) would be fantastic. I find that
> cyclinganalytics.com <http://cyclinganalytics.com> does a great job of

Eric Murray

May 24, 2013, 2:17:03 PM5/24/13
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com

Some people are using GC on laptops.

Eric

Darren Cope

May 28, 2013, 8:09:55 AM5/28/13
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, Darren Cope, Mark Liversedge, jesc...@googlemail.com
Excellent; thanks Jon!  Always something new to learn!

Cheers,

Darren