Text garbled up in non-Latin font after upgrading Mac OS

Fuji 20

May 15, 2023, 1:59:40 AM5/15/23
to golden-cheetah-users

After upgrading to macOS Ventura Version 13.3.1, Golden Cheetah has become unusable because all the text now shows in a non-Latin font. See attached screenshot.

The primary language of my Mac is English, the region is the United States. When trying to set/check the language of the app in System Settings > App Name > Language, it is set to System Default - English and the app "doesn't support additional languages".

Is this a known bug? Would appreciate help fixing it, thanks!

krTXm.png

Ale Martinez

May 15, 2023, 6:46:44 AM5/15/23
to golden-cheetah-users
Likely the font you were using is not available anymore after the upgrade and the replacement is a symbol font, you can check and change this in preferences panel or settings file, locations are detailed in FAQs.

Fuji 20

May 15, 2023, 11:02:42 AM5/15/23
to golden-cheetah-users
Which FAQs are you referring to?

Ale Martinez

May 15, 2023, 2:25:23 PM5/15/23
to golden-cheetah-users
El lunes, 15 de mayo de 2023 a la(s) 12:02:42 UTC-3, Fuji 20 escribió:
Which FAQs are you referring to?

Fuji 20

May 15, 2023, 11:13:54 PM5/15/23
to golden-cheetah-users

Of course I have read the forum FAQs but your reply was vague about what the suggestion actually was. Now that you specified Forum FAQs, there's nothing about Mac OS fonts issues on the FAQs here https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/FAQ and the searching "font" over the wiki content doesn't return anything relevant as well https://github.com/search?q=repo%3AGoldenCheetah%2FGoldenCheetah+font&type=wikis

Maybe try not being snarky to user questions next time?

Ale Martinez

May 16, 2023, 12:01:27 PM5/16/23
to golden-cheetah-users
El martes, 16 de mayo de 2023 a la(s) 00:13:54 UTC-3, Fuji 20 escribió:

Of course I have read the forum FAQs but your reply was vague about what the suggestion actually was. Now that you specified Forum FAQs, there's nothing about Mac OS fonts issues on the FAQs here https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/FAQ and the searching "font" over the wiki content doesn't return anything relevant as well https://github.com/search?q=repo%3AGoldenCheetah%2FGoldenCheetah+font&type=wikis

I think my first reply plus reading the FAQs as indicated there is enough to diagnose and fix you issue.

Maybe try not being snarky to user questions next time?

I am not willing to spoon feed users anymore, may be others can better help.

Fuji 20

May 17, 2023, 3:48:58 PM5/17/23
to golden-cheetah-users
Well, I have no idea who was being spoon-fed. But I was able to solve my problem on my own following a different set of steps. Best wishes!

Ale Martinez

May 18, 2023, 1:23:25 PM5/18/23
to golden-cheetah-users
Good for you, next time perhaps you can also avoid creating a GitHub issue for something you can fix by yourself changing configuration.