Multiple Athlete management in last v3.6 snapshots

Ale Martinez

Mar 4, 2021, 1:15:11 PM3/4/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Last v3.6 snapshots include some new and restored functions intended to make multiple athlete management easier:
  1. Athlete Creation: Athlete > Open > New Athlete allows to add new athletes without the need to exit GoldenCheetah.
  2. Athlete Deletion: Athlete > Delete allows to delete a closed athlete without the need to exit GoldenCheetah.
  3. Athlete copy from template: the New Athlete form includes a new option "Use template Athlete" to select one of your existing athletes to be used as a template for the newly created one. It copies view layouts, charts, etc. to make it easier to have new athletes looking like the selected one.
This functions complement and keep the new Athlete View in sync, but they are accesible via the Athlete menu only for the moment.
If you have good ideas about how to integrate them in the view, please comment.

As usual last snapshots can be downloaded from http://goldencheetah-binaries.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ and comments are welcome.

Ale.

marcen

Mar 5, 2021, 5:39:50 AM3/5/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Here is a design suggestion.
First, one of the 6 icons is selected. These are Set default athlete, new athlete, delete, copy, backup, save.
After selecting an icon, the square appears in the athletes.
The green ticks indicate which athletes have been selected and perform ends the action.
For backup and save select all can be used and for the others not.

Nice to have but not important. If the default athlete is always at the top left.

I don't know if this is easy to implement.skizze1.png

ajit singh

Apr 16, 2021, 9:24:30 AM4/16/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Martinez
Greetings
As per option 1 above Athlete menu has "Open" submenu but I am not getting that option in my install. I am working on MacBook pro M1.  Please see the attachment and guide. I tried this with GC 3.5 and. 3.6 both have the same menus.Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 6.52.05 PM.png

Ale Martinez

Apr 16, 2021, 9:44:37 AM4/16/21
to golden-cheetah-users
El viernes, 16 de abril de 2021 a la(s) 10:24:30 UTC-3, ajitsi...@gmail.com escribió:
Hi Martinez
Greetings
As per option 1 above Athlete menu has "Open" submenu but I am not getting that option in my install.

Did you install snapshot build v3.6 as stated in the post you are responding to?

ajit singh

Apr 16, 2021, 10:01:47 AM4/16/21
to golden-cheetah-users
https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/releases/tag/v3.6-DEV2101
This is the location i downloaded from.

And thanks for the prompt reply.

Regards

Ale Martinez

Apr 16, 2021, 10:14:06 AM4/16/21
to golden-cheetah-users
It seems you are more willing to write than to read...
Message has been deleted

ajit singh

Apr 16, 2021, 11:00:50 AM4/16/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks, Martinez

You have been very kind with your words. Appreciate it.

Regards