fill custom fields automatically

Manuel

Apr 25, 2021, 3:24:02 AM4/25/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Dears,

I added some custom fields in workout tab to track usage of my bikes. Every bike is equipped with a powermeter which has a unique ID in Device Tab.

I would like to add some rules in Options -> Data Fields-> Defaults to automatically fill my "Gear Field"
I am aware of how this works, I already use this for my Zwift session, if the device is called "Zwift" I automatically fill my SubSport field in Workout with Zwift, but "device" field contains a simple text string.

Is it possible to use some wildcards to find a string like the powermeter ID "12345" in device Info Tab? (screenshot 1)

Can't find a successful configuration to get it operating well  (screenshot 2)

Ale Martinez

Apr 25, 2021, 5:02:44 AM4/25/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Default rules use exact match, but there is no need to define custom fields for this purpose, you could  use filters on Device_Info directly..

pban...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2024, 10:44:42 AM (9 days ago) Apr 10
to golden-cheetah-users
I know this is an old question but I have the same request. In my case, I created a custom field "Bicycle" and want to select the specific bike by using the power meter ID in Device_Info. Did the capability to use "contains" in Default Rules get updated in the current public release? I am on V3.6 DEV2101 for certain reasons, but would update if this capability has been added.

If the capability to use "contains" was not added to the current public release, could someone describe in more detail how to use a filter on Device_Info to identify the powermeter and associate it to a specific bicycle? Thanks.

pban...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2024, 10:52:50 AM (9 days ago) Apr 10
to golden-cheetah-users
Forgot to say that I'm already using a filter on Device_Info to filter my activities by bicycle. That's not what I want to do, I want to populate a custom field in Details/Workout as to the bicycle I used. I also have another custom field that I use for my ebikes to populate the assist levels the ebike provides, and I want to be able to use the powermeter to pick the assist levels that correspond to the particular ebike.

Ale Martinez

Apr 10, 2024, 3:40:54 PM (9 days ago) Apr 10
to golden-cheetah-users

On Wednesday, April 10, 2024 at 7:44:42 AM UTC-7 pban...@gmail.com wrote:
I know this is an old question but I have the same request. In my case, I created a custom field "Bicycle" and want to select the specific bike by using the power meter ID in Device_Info. Did the capability to use "contains" in Default Rules get updated in the current public release?

No.

pban...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2024, 6:20:04 PM (9 days ago) Apr 10
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks