PMC Chart Trends

Mario Rivera

Mar 21, 2024, 5:34:49 AMMar 21
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi people!

Long time GC user but never needed/had any issues until now and have invested many hours trying to figure this one out without success. Hope someone knows what I might have triggered here.

As of March 13- 24 all was normal with GC (which I only use to track metrics, nothing beyond that). On the next dump of files something must have happened but PMC Chart lines went flat (for all PMC options: Coggan, Skiba, etc).

As I said, have tried many things but nothing resolves the issue. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

MR

Ale Martinez

Mar 21, 2024, 8:50:51 AMMar 21
to golden-cheetah-users

Berg Fly

Jun 8, 2024, 4:48:15 AMJun 8
to golden-cheetah-users
I had the same issue.
In the end I resolved the issue by deleting all files in the cache folder.
WARNING - worked for me, might not work for you. BACKUP profile files first!

Running on Ubuntu Linux, all GoldenCheetah files are in /home/username/.goldencheetah/athletename folder
In that folder is a folder called ..cache
I backed up the whole profile to another location first, the only deleted files inside the cache folder.  Likely the file rideDB.json was the only one you might need to delete, but can't validate, but suspect this was messed up.
After deleting, first load of goldencheetah is slow, but all my PMC charts came back. Prior to that all non PMC charts displayed fine, but PMC charts were all flatlined.

Ale Martinez

Jun 8, 2024, 10:00:56 AMJun 8
to golden-cheetah-users

Thank you for the feedback, I consolidated cache information dispersed in the wiki and here in a single wiki entry for future reference: https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/Cache-files-and-maintenance