"All Dates" Season in Trends Overview Tile

Allan Bell

Oct 24, 2021, 12:55:08 PM10/24/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,
I seem to have a problem with the start and stop date range for the "All Dates" season  when using a tile in a Trends overview chart.  Instead of selecting the dates of the first and last activities when I select "All dates", it ranges from 30/12/1970 (daterange(start)=25932) to 29/12/2070 (daterange(stop)=62456).  This is with Ver 3.6 August Dev build.  The PMC chart still ranges correctly, but the overview tiles do not.
Am I missing a configuration setting somewhere?
Any help appreciated - thanks in advance!
A.

Mark Liversedge

Oct 24, 2021, 1:41:50 PM10/24/21
to golden-cheetah-users
When you say the overview tile doesn't, how is that manifested?

Allan Bell

Oct 24, 2021, 2:30:59 PM10/24/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark,
Does the attached image help? These are the figures that are returned when I select All Dates from the Trends Date Ranges menu.
I have simple calculation in a tile to show the range (number of days) when looking at a trends overview chart.
XX <- daterange(stop)-daterange(start)
I use the same calculation in other tiles for weekly distance, weekly time, TSS in the date range etc.
When I select a date range from the menu, the returned value is always one less than the selected menu item says it ought to be.
e.g. I select last 7 days value XX= 6, last 21 days XX = 20
When I select All Dates from the menu, XX=36524
I can get around it by limiting the start and end dates for each KPI calculated value:

#limit the date range

start <- daterange(start) < "2015/08/06" ? "2015/08/06" : daterange(start);

end <- daterange(stop) > Today ? Today : daterange(stop);

YY <- end - start +1;

Then everything works as expected, but it's strange that the All Dates season doesn't work properly as per wiki in those Overview Chart Tiles.

NOTE: The season All Dates is automatically created and ranges from the first to the last activity available.

Please let me know if I can provide further information.

Thanks

A.

CG Capture.JPG

Mark Liversedge

Oct 24, 2021, 3:07:45 PM10/24/21
to golden-cheetah-users
That doesn't really help. What is the problem you are trying to solve?
If you want the dates of rides in the current date range just use metrics(date)

Mark

Allan Bell

Oct 25, 2021, 9:15:13 AM10/25/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Sorry if my description wasn't clear, I'll try again!

In the user documentation it says:

NOTE: The season All Dates is automatically created and ranges from the first to the last activity available.

So I assumed that when I select the season All Dates the value in daterange(start) would be the date of my first activity in GC and the value in daterange(stop) would be the most recent activity or Today.

But that doesn't happen. When I select the season All Dates, daterange(start) = 30/12/1970 and daterange(stop) = 29/12/2070

(these values were in the screen grab I sent)

This wouldn't be a problem if looking at totals within the season All Dates, but if calculating weekly or monthly values within the season All Dates then the daterange spans 100 years and weekly/monthy values are therefore incorrect.

For example if I have a KPI calculation for weekly distance on a trends overview screen:

    days <- daterange(stop) - daterange(start);

    round(sum(metrics(Distance))/(days/7));

When I select the season All Dates this returns (total overall distance) / (36524 days / 7)

As I mentioned, it's easy to get around by manually limiting the min value of daterange(start) and max value of daterange(stop) in the KPI calculation but I thought I should point this out as it seems to be inconsistent with the described behaviour in the user documentation.

Cheers

A.

Mark Liversedge

Oct 25, 2021, 1:12:01 PM10/25/21
to golden-cheetah-users
On Monday, 25 October 2021 at 14:15:13 UTC+1 Allan Bell wrote:
In the user documentation it says:

NOTE: The season All Dates is automatically created and ranges from the first to the last activity available.

We should fix that, can you point to the wiki page, I will fix it

Mark

Allan Bell

Oct 26, 2021, 3:47:02 AM10/26/21
to golden-cheetah-users