Taking data from HR vs. Pwr graph and using it for another metric

bicycle...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2022, 2:19:59 PM6/5/22
to golden-cheetah-users
I am trying to find a way to take the slope and intercept data from the heart rate vs. power graph and use it to create a separate metric.  For example, yesterday's ride gives me a formula of HR= 0.199(Power) + 94.3, I would like to take that information and instead of using the typical150 BPM to calculate power like it does at the bottom, I want to use 135 BPM. After doing that, I want to plot this value over time in my trends tab so I can see how my power is increasing at this intensity because I typically do my endurance rides at a set HR rather than power.

Ways to create metrics of power at a specific HR has been asked and answered a few times already, but they calculate this based off of full ride averages, and the value given is significantly lower than I would expect. The values I get from the formula created on the heart rate vs power graph is exactly the values I would expect so I want to try and use those.

Thank you
small.png
large.png

Ale Martinez

Jun 5, 2022, 4:11:06 PM6/5/22
to golden-cheetah-users

That formula is obtained using linear regression, and that is available in v3.6 formulas, so you could do the same calculation in a user metric, see https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/UG_Special-Topics_Formula-Syntax-and-Expressions#model-fitting