V3.6-RC1 Build 4010

mxm....@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2022, 7:58:55 AM6/5/22
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello, I downloaded and am using this version (because the older versions would not connect to Withings).  This version is EXTREMELY slow.  I am running Windows, fast gaming laptop.  You press a button or try to lopen a ride, or do anyting on the UI and it takes forever to react and do anything.

Ale Martinez

Jun 5, 2022, 2:21:54 PM6/5/22
to golden-cheetah-users
El domingo, 5 de junio de 2022 a la(s) 08:58:55 UTC-3, mxm....@gmail.com escribió:
Hello, I downloaded and am using this version (because the older versions would not connect to Withings).  This version is EXTREMELY slow.  I am running Windows, fast gaming laptop.  You press a button or try to lopen a ride, or do anyting on the UI and it takes forever to react and do anything.

See the troubleshooting section in FAQs, starting with https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/Graphics-are-slow-on-my-laptop

mxm....@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2022, 3:51:47 PM6/5/22
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks.  This very much not the problem, although I did follow the advice above and adjust graphics setting for GC as directed.   The whole program just seems to hang and respond very very s-l-o-w-l-y.  As I said, it is not the laptop, which is high performance with a good graphics card, which supports minecraft etc.
Message has been deleted

Ale Martinez

Jun 6, 2022, 1:39:44 PM6/6/22
to golden-cheetah-users
El domingo, 5 de junio de 2022 a la(s) 16:51:47 UTC-3, mxm....@gmail.com escribió:
Thanks.  This very much not the problem, although I did follow the advice above and adjust graphics setting for GC as directed.   The whole program just seems to hang and respond very very s-l-o-w-l-y.  As I said, it is not the laptop, which is high performance with a good graphics card, which supports minecraft etc.

That is the most common performance issue on Windows, laptop or not.
OTOH,  if you recently upgraded GC, beware initial metrics re-computation can use almost all available resources, so until it finishes, GC may be painfully slow.
Message has been deleted

pepe

Jun 6, 2022, 2:46:42 PM6/6/22
to golden-cheetah-users
May i add the worst performance hog that i encountered: opening GC in a Windows compatibility mode

mxm....@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2022, 9:23:14 PM6/6/22
to golden-cheetah-users
" OTOH,  if you recently upgraded GC, beware initial metrics re-computation can use almost all available resources, so until it finishes, GC may be painfully slow."  I did recently upgrade GC and it seems like every time I start it, it is doing...something.  But how LONG does it take?  It has been days.  It loaded all my rides for 4 years.  It has calcuated my CTL and PMC charts....what else is there?

Ale Martinez

Jun 7, 2022, 4:02:51 AM6/7/22
to golden-cheetah-users
El lunes, 6 de junio de 2022 a la(s) 22:23:14 UTC-3, mxm....@gmail.com escribió:
" OTOH,  if you recently upgraded GC, beware initial metrics re-computation can use almost all available resources, so until it finishes, GC may be painfully slow."  I did recently upgrade GC and it seems like every time I start it, it is doing...something.  But how LONG does it take?

It depends on how many activities and user metrics you have, but you will see a blue progress bar, below the chart bar, while refresh is running. If you close GC before refresh ends, it will start from scratch the next run.