IsoPower on Trend chart doesn't match the Daily Interval Chart

Jeffrey O'Hara (ZJ MAX)

Jun 1, 2024, 3:30:25 AMJun 1
to golden-cheetah-users
Peak IsoPower on Trend chart different than on the Daily Interval Chart for the same day.

I am just getting back into this after a long Hiatus.  Boy have things changed.  I used to be a WKO+ fanboy but with all the licensing and upgrading BS, I thought I would give GC a try.

Here are a couple screen shots. Only 4 Watts difference the 20 minute Isopower.  But I have other examples.  It is even more pronounce in the 5 minute.  Which, while searching  to find out why, I realized that durations under 20 min might be not useful for IsoPower.  But I would think the math would be the same on both charts.  After all the AP look to be within 1 Watt.  The Numbers on the Daily Interval chart seem more reasonable.

Screenshot (55).pngScreenshot (54).png

Ale Martinez

Jun 1, 2024, 7:46:03 AMJun 1
to golden-cheetah-users
El sábado, 1 de junio de 2024 a la(s) 4:30:25 a.m. UTC-3, Jeffrey O'Hara (ZJ MAX) escribió:
Peak IsoPower on Trend chart different than on the Daily Interval Chart for the same day.

Right, they are different kinds of animals

I am just getting back into this after a long Hiatus.  Boy have things changed.  I used to be a WKO+ fanboy but with all the licensing and upgrading BS, I thought I would give GC a try.

Here are a couple screen shots. Only 4 Watts difference the 20 minute Isopower.  But I have other examples.  It is even more pronounce in the 5 minute.  Which, while searching  to find out why, I realized that durations under 20 min might be not useful for IsoPower.  But I would think the math would be the same on both charts.  After all the AP look to be within 1 Watt.  The Numbers on the Daily Interval chart seem more reasonable.

In the interval chart you are looking at the IsoPower of your 20’ interval with the highest average power, which can be different from the 20’ interval with the highest IsoPower displayed in the Trends chart, specially during a race.

Jeffrey O'Hara (ZJ MAX)

Jun 4, 2024, 6:06:39 PMJun 4
to golden-cheetah-users
But both are for the same day.  I pulled in an IsoPower column in the daily Interval chart.  You may have to zoom to see it.  Or are you saying that IsoPower is not the same thing depending what chart you are in?  That would be very odd.
Message has been deleted

Ale Martinez

Jun 4, 2024, 7:25:53 PMJun 4
to golden-cheetah-users
El martes, 4 de junio de 2024 a la(s) 7:06:39 p.m. UTC-3, Jeffrey O'Hara (ZJ MAX) escribió:
But both are for the same day.  I pulled in an IsoPower column in the daily Interval chart.  You may have to zoom to see it.  Or are you saying that IsoPower is not the same thing depending what chart you are in?  That would be very odd.

The metric is the same for both charts, the 20’ portion on your ride where it is computed, it is not. Why do you think your best 20’ IsoPower should happen on your 20’ Peak Power interval? Never read about “NP Busters”?

Ale Martinez

Jun 5, 2024, 9:58:36 AMJun 5
to golden-cheetah-users
Since you seem to have a hard time to understand this, perhaps a stylized example may help:

5x30x210.png

The above example with FTP=300 gives a 20' Peak Power around 250watts and 20' IsoPower around 320watts, so if you have in the same ride other 20' section with constan power in between -let's say 280watts- Peak 20' Power (280) and Best 20' IsoPower (320) will occur in different sections of the ride and will be way different.

Jeffrey O'Hara (ZJ MAX)

Jun 9, 2024, 6:42:55 PMJun 9
to golden-cheetah-users
Ah the good old fashioned NP buster.  Like I said it has been a while and I am a little rusty.  Thanks for your patience.
I will look for a way to find that Best IsoPower  in a particular ride.

Thanks again