Importing ERG file with % of FTP and Course text (text cues) in GC train mode

Vad

Jan 5, 2017, 5:11:27 AM1/5/17
to golden-cheetah-users
Dear GC enthusiasts,

l have a coach who have sent me the ERG file with % of FTP (MINUTES-FTP) and comments in [COURSE TEXT] section.

I have 2 problems with it:
  1. GC imports it as static watts file thus shows  %of FTP as Watts
  2. I can't find how to view Course text in Train mode in GC.
Is it possible to import such file without modifications (rebuild file with FTP and MINUTES-WATTS) and view Course text in Train mode?

Thank you in advance!

File example:

[COURSE HEADER]
VERSION = 0
UNITS = ENGLISH
DESCRIPTION = Test.
FILE NAME = none
MINUTES FTP
[END COURSE HEADER]

[COURSE DATA]
0 50
4 50
4 72
8 72

[END COURSE DATA]

[COURSE TEXT]
0 Comment 1.. 5 0 0 72 15444215 10
0 Comment 2.. 5 0 0 72 15444215 13

Claus Assmann

Jan 5, 2017, 5:49:37 AM1/5/17
to golden-cheetah-users
On Thu, Jan 05, 2017, Vad wrote:

> l have a coach who have sent me the ERG file with % of FTP (MINUTES-FTP)

> 1. GC imports it as static watts file thus shows %of FTP as Watts

Change:

MINUTES FTP
MINUTES PERCENTAGE

and try again, that seems to work for me.

--
Please don't Cc: me, use only the list for replies.

Mark Liversedge

Jan 5, 2017, 8:36:14 AM1/5/17
to golden-cheetah-users, goldenche...@esmtp.org
I wasn't aware that was supported, will fix.

Mark

Vad

Jan 5, 2017, 9:21:42 AM1/5/17
to golden-cheetah-users, goldenche...@esmtp.org
Dear Claus,

Thank you for reply!

Could you please tell if it is possible somehow to display course text?

Claus Assmann

Jan 5, 2017, 12:11:34 PM1/5/17
to golden-cheetah-users
BTW: there's a slight inconsistency:

Train/ErgFile.cpp: out << "MINUTES PERCENT\n";
Train/WorkoutWizard.cpp: SaveWorkoutHeader(stream,f.fileName(),QString("golden cheetah"),QString("MINUTES PERCENTAGE"));

but since the code only looks for the shorter version:

Train/ErgFile.cpp: QRegExp mrcformat("^[;]*(MINUTES[ \\t]+PERCENT).*$", Qt::CaseInsensitive);

it doesn't really matter (unless the file is used elswehere too,
then PERCENT seems to be more common?)

To also recognize FTP it should probably be:
Train/ErgFile.cpp: QRegExp mrcformat("^[;]*(MINUTES[ \\t]+(PERCENT|FTP)).*$", Qt::CaseInsensitive);

BTW: wouldn't
Train/ErgFile.cpp: QRegExp mrcformat("^[;]*MINUTES[ \\t]+(PERCENT|FTP)", Qt::CaseInsensitive);
be sufficient?

(I couldn't find an official definition of the mrc format with a
brief online search)

Mark Liversedge

Jan 6, 2017, 11:26:12 AM1/6/17
On Thursday, 5 January 2017 17:11:34 UTC, Claus Assmann wrote:
BTW: there's a slight inconsistency:

Train/ErgFile.cpp:        out << "MINUTES PERCENT\n";
Train/WorkoutWizard.cpp:    SaveWorkoutHeader(stream,f.fileName(),QString("golden cheetah"),QString("MINUTES PERCENTAGE"));

Thanks will fix up.

BTW: wouldn't
Train/ErgFile.cpp:    QRegExp mrcformat("^[;]*MINUTES[ \\t]+(PERCENT|FTP)", Qt::CaseInsensitive);
be sufficient?

Its so we can look at the captured/matched texts and avoid stripping whitespace etc.

Mark

Vad

Jan 6, 2017, 6:00:41 PM1/6/17
to golden-cheetah-users, goldenche...@esmtp.org
I'm sorry, could you please comment on possibility of displaying comments (course text) during the the Train?

Thank you.

Jon Escombe

Jan 7, 2017, 10:31:31 AM1/7/17
to Vad, golden-cheetah-users
Hi Vad,

I'm looking at adding a text notification area to the bottom bar at the
moment. Once that's in place, pushing course text to it shouldn't be too
hard..

Regards,
Jon

TJDunnigan

Jan 7, 2017, 3:02:57 PM1/7/17
to golden-cheetah-users, sti...@gmail.com
Would it be possible to sound a tone by an erg file, e.g. to mark an upcoming interval or other change in the workout?

Jon Escombe

Jan 7, 2017, 3:21:35 PM1/7/17
to TJDunnigan, golden-cheetah-users, sti...@gmail.com
A lap alert is also something I have on my todo list, so as long as your
intervals are marked as new laps yes..

Cheers,
Jon

TJDunnigan

Jan 7, 2017, 4:37:02 PM1/7/17
to golden-cheetah-users, tjdun...@gmail.com, sti...@gmail.com
Great! Thanks.

Vadim M

Jan 8, 2017, 5:37:33 AM1/8/17
to TJDunnigan, golden-cheetah-users
Thank you! Waiting for a text alert.

Manuel Wiese

Jul 12, 2017, 2:51:05 AM7/12/17
to golden-cheetah-users, tjdun...@gmail.com
Hello GC-developers and GC-fans,

any news on that subject? I too would love to use course text in my workouts.
In addition to that, interval names would be nice!

[INTERVAL DATA]
START_SEC STOP_SEC INTERVAL_NAME
[END INTERVAL DATA]

is the format the Trainerroad workout creator uses.

Greetings

Eric Christoffersen

Feb 9, 2018, 1:20:13 PM2/9/18
to golden-cheetah-users
I also was looking at how to do this and found this thread. I'd love to be able to insert text into my workouts, just to encourage my cadence.