New snapshot builds available for download

Ale Martinez

May 26, 2024, 9:28:46 AMMay 26
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi, we changed snapshot builds location from the S3 bucket we used to a release creatively named snapshot on GitHub, mainly to avoid the recurrent costs of the S3 bucket, but likely a better solution anyway.
The new location is https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/releases/tag/snapshot, the link on https://www.goldencheetah.org/#section-download has been updated accordingly but, if you bookmarked the old one, you will need to update.

Main functional changes are:
- Improved Workout library including filters on selected metrics, descriptions and configurable tags, this a huge contribution from Joachim to implement a long awaited feature, see the PR for some details, wiki updates will come later.
- Images chart available for new athletes and downloadable from CloudDB for existing ones allowing to attach photos just by drag & drop over the chart, also a long standing request. This is a collaborative work started here at this forum.
- Batch update of metadata fields using the GUI, an extension to Activities > Batch Processing, this is a contribution from Paul.

Feedback is welcome, as usual. Ale.

Changes from April Dev Build:
Browse files
2ac2cd6 Batch Processing addition metadata update (#4399)
9647975 Fix isSpecial(internalName) in SpecialFields
e41e6b6 Fit: Add FIELD_87 for record (cycle_length16) fix #4489
c088aaf Fixes the background colour of the group by sub menu (#4492)
06a6dbe Fix copy paste error preventing macOS build
5e3db39 Add delete button to manage filters (#4493)
77df5b3 Train View: Improved the selection of workouts (#4400)
cfb8c2f Manage Perspectives - perspectives list cosmetics
f1bb83f Update Images default chart
562ef17 Update Spanish translation (#4487)
57c11e0 Remove Ctrl+A shortcut for Add Cloud Account
cf2e8d8 Enable translation of Save Changes in SaveExitDialog
1b49890 Update German Translation
f97770f GC CSV Export - rcad instead of cad for runs
7a11a6a Initializing AllPlot::isPanning to false (#4482)
76dedfb Fix Average Speed aggregation
6299374 Images chart update on image drop and import
fdb6d17 Python Web Chart - Don't accept drops
68ad048 Update Images Python chart in default layout
2d8bdd7 FitRideFile - Decode GAP extra field in m/s
5073ba8 Add Images chart to default layout
c693ed6 FitRideFile - Extra fields 136, 143 and 144
4f5a0eb CP Chart - show/hide interval settings based on model and fitting selection (#4382)
0b144cc Train View: Coloring by powerzones in ErgFilePlot (#4479)
02835e3 Added support for old Daum devices before 2001 (#4303)
71c72d6 Changed the standard colors for compare-mode (#4478)
118eafe FitRideFile : A devApp can replace another with same local id
1241c0a Use elapsed time for session (instead of timestamp) fix #4474
a1a76fb WorkoutWizard - Don't save and close on Cancel
64c7ce3 Improved search/filter box drop down menu icon (#4470)

Steve Edmonds

May 28, 2024, 6:36:17 PMMay 28
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the great added functionality, I tried Joachim's train view updates last year and they really help workout management when the number of different workouts starts to increase. I assume that the TrainDB has been refactored with this 3.7 release.
I also noticed I had to redefine my BT train device when I switched to this update, but this has also occurred in the past with some updates.

Hwa Runner

May 31, 2024, 8:31:58 AMMay 31
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks for the Snapshot. I've tried to build it myself on Linux Mint, like I always do. Unfortunately, with this build I get a Segmentation fault when loading my athlete-profile. Starting with an new empty athlete-profile works. I suppose the reason is data not defined in my profile
I'm adding a stack trace, which should help narrowing down the problem.
Screenshot 2024-05-31 14-30-20.png

Ale Martinez

May 31, 2024, 8:45:51 AMMay 31
to golden-cheetah-users
El viernes, 31 de mayo de 2024 a la(s) 9:31:58 a.m. UTC-3, Hwa Runner escribió:
Thanks for the Snapshot. I've tried to build it myself on Linux Mint, like I always do. Unfortunately, with this build I get a Segmentation fault when loading my athlete-profile. Starting with an new empty athlete-profile works. I suppose the reason is data not defined in my profile
I'm adding a stack trace, which should help narrowing down the problem.

Does this happens using the snapshot AppImage -the subject of this thread- or your local build?

Hwa Runner

May 31, 2024, 9:19:02 AMMay 31
to golden-cheetah-users
This happens in my own build. I've not tried the AppImage.
I see as its not the AppImage it might not be related to this thread.

Ale Martinez

May 31, 2024, 9:22:36 AMMay 31
to golden-cheetah-users
El viernes, 31 de mayo de 2024 a la(s) 10:19:02 a.m. UTC-3, Hwa Runner escribió:
This happens in my own build. I've not tried the AppImage.
I see as its not the AppImage it might not be related to this thread.

If you can reproduce this using the AppImage we can follow up here, otherwise would be better to use a different thread, ideally in the developers forum, indicating the commit in master you are using to build.

Hwa Runner

May 31, 2024, 9:36:08 AMMay 31
to golden-cheetah-users
I've just tried with the AppImage. It crashes as well with my athlete profile, but not with the newly create empty one.
Unfortunately I do not have a stacktrace for this test, but I assume it might be the same as the one I got from my own build.

Hwa Runner

May 31, 2024, 9:48:33 AMMay 31
to golden-cheetah-users
Ale, I found the reason. My athlete profile has no power-zones defined for non of the sports defined. This was not necessary up to now.
I started GC with an older version and added dummy power zones for each sport, and now the crash does not happen any longer.
Message has been deleted

Ale Martinez

May 31, 2024, 9:53:10 AMMay 31
to golden-cheetah-users
El viernes, 31 de mayo de 2024 a la(s) 10:48:33 a.m. UTC-3, Hwa Runner escribió:
Ale, I found the reason. My athlete profile has no power-zones defined for non of the sports defined. This was not necessary up to now.
I started GC with an older version and added dummy power zones for each sport, and now the crash does not happen any longer.

Train uses Power Zones for Bike sport, we should avoid the crash anyway, thank you.

Joachim Kohlhammer

May 31, 2024, 11:39:18 AMMay 31
to golden-cheetah-users
Ale Martinez schrieb am Freitag, 31. Mai 2024 um 15:53:10 UTC+2:
Train uses Power Zones for Bike sport, we should avoid the crash anyway, thank you.

The PR https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/pull/4509 should take care of this crash

Ale Martinez

May 31, 2024, 1:26:42 PMMay 31
to golden-cheetah-users
Thank you, Joachim. That PR is merged. Those building from master can git pull, for the others it will be included in the next snapshot.

Ale Martinez

Joachim Kohlhammer

Jun 2, 2024, 11:35:28 AMJun 2
to golden-cheetah-users
Ale Martinez schrieb am Sonntag, 26. Mai 2024 um 15:28:46 UTC+2:
Hi, we changed snapshot builds location from the S3 bucket we used to a release creatively named snapshot on GitHub, mainly to avoid the recurrent costs of the S3 bucket, but likely a better solution anyway.
The new location is https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/releases/tag/snapshot, the link on https://www.goldencheetah.org/#section-download has been updated accordingly but, if you bookmarked the old one, you will need to update.

Was this S3 bucket also used to host the ErgDB-workouts? When performing a test, I received an empty list of available workouts (requesting the json manually gives me a "NoSuchKey" error). If so, should we move the workouts to a GitHub Repo?

Ale Martinez

Jun 2, 2024, 1:05:52 PMJun 2
to golden-cheetah-users
El domingo, 2 de junio de 2024 a la(s) 12:35:28 p.m. UTC-3, Joachim Kohlhammer escribió:
Ale Martinez schrieb am Sonntag, 26. Mai 2024 um 15:28:46 UTC+2:
Hi, we changed snapshot builds location from the S3 bucket we used to a release creatively named snapshot on GitHub, mainly to avoid the recurrent costs of the S3 bucket, but likely a better solution anyway.
The new location is https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/releases/tag/snapshot, the link on https://www.goldencheetah.org/#section-download has been updated accordingly but, if you bookmarked the old one, you will need to update.

Was this S3 bucket also used to host the ErgDB-workouts?

No, they are unrelated.

When performing a test, I received an empty list of available workouts (requesting the json manually gives me a "NoSuchKey" error). If so, should we move the workouts to a GitHub Repo?

 Here you can find the history behind the last change 5 years ago: https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/issues/2963, I don’t now if it is a temporary issue or another change.

Ale Martinez

Jun 28, 2024, 8:51:33 PM (8 days ago) Jun 28
to golden-cheetah-users
Snapshot builds were updated, see commit message for details.