TacX iMagic doesn't work with GoldenCheetah 3.0

Michael Drefahl

May 26, 2012, 3:35:17 PM5/26/12
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I installed Golden Cheetah 3.0 from here http://goldencheetah.stand2surf.net/?p=615 based on build 25dd78bd27 to test it with T1904 i-Magic Device.

The automatic Device search doesn't work and i stuck in getting the Device work with the Golden Cheetah Version.

Please Help I need it for my Bachelor Thesis.

Thank you very much.

Mark Liversedge

May 26, 2012, 3:45:39 PM5/26/12
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure how different the iMagic is, but the code only supports Fortius T1942 devices.

Sorry,
Mark

Michael Drefahl

May 26, 2012, 3:52:59 PM5/26/12
to golden-cheetah-users
Thats to bad.

Is there a way to upload the fortius firmware to the i-magic device,
to use it?

On 26 Mai, 21:45, Mark Liversedge <liverse...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure how different the iMagic is, but the code only supports
> Fortius T1942 devices.
>
> Sorry,
> Mark
>

> On Saturday, May 26, 2012 8:35:17 PM UTC+1, Michael Drefahl wrote:
>
> > I installed Golden Cheetah 3.0 from here
> >http://goldencheetah.stand2surf.net/?p=615based on build 25dd78bd27 to

Mark Liversedge

May 26, 2012, 4:00:16 PM5/26/12
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I'm really sorry Michael, I have no idea. I got hold of a Fortius device and worked on that. I didn't realise there were so many different versions.

Tacx are unhelpful to say the least. They see their customers as a captive revenue stream to be milked and do not share any information that would open their device up for others to work with.

I will never recommend their products.

Regards,
Mark

Michael Drefahl

May 26, 2012, 4:06:05 PM5/26/12
to golden-cheetah-users
Thank you for your patience. You did a great work with golden cheetah.

Regards,

Michael

Jan Spies

Jan 1, 2015, 5:09:32 AM1/1/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, deg...@gmx.de
Hi Mark and Michael,

I also own an iMagic which I want to connect to Golden Cheetah. I can capture the USB data from device and want to tackle this problem in my spare time.

I surely would appreciate any pointers/caveats.

Regards
Jan

Mathieu Leclerc

Mar 17, 2016, 3:21:58 AM3/17/16
to golden-cheetah-users, deg...@gmx.de
Hi Jan,

Did you get any positive result? Maybe I would look at this in my spare time too.

Let me know

Mat

Frank v/d Schoot

Mar 23, 2016, 3:54:14 PM3/23/16
to golden-cheetah-users, deg...@gmx.de
Hi,

I believe the difference between the Fortius and iMagic is the idProduct of the USB-device, for the iMagic the USB ID's are:
VendorId = 0x3561, ProductId = 0x1932.
The contents of the messages look the same. I checked this with a python script, I quickly wrote (see attachment). The script generates log files with the message contents.

I was not able to build GoldenCheetah on my Fedora-machine, will try to build it on Windows and than change the Fortius source file to change the ProductId.

Regards, Frank

Op donderdag 17 maart 2016 08:21:58 UTC+1 schreef Mathieu Leclerc:
test.py
TacxLogging-20151107-124438.log

Jan Spies

Oct 29, 2016, 4:40:18 PM10/29/16
to golden-cheetah-users, deg...@gmx.de, globetec...@gmail.com
Hi Mathieu,

Nope did not get time to tackle this problem - I still want to do it though...

Maybe we can do something together. I'm not too clued up on library programming but I can get data from the device which might help someone who can actually program :)

Regards
Jan

Michael Hipp

Nov 28, 2016, 1:54:29 PM11/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users

I have the "historic "green" iMagic device (T1902) and last spring I tried to make it usable with GC under linux.
Then indoor-season ended, but now I continued ...

Short summary: I works (more or less) but needs some further efforts.

The firmware and the communication is different from the Fortius device.
I identified the most important values of the datagram (the 4 buttons, cadence, speed, heart-rate, ID).

To control the brake you have only one value. That's it.
It's on your own to find the relation between the "brake" value and the power (or slope).
I did some "fitting" between the power values from the Tacx software and the corresponding brake values, but this is far from being perfect.
Maybe someone with a power-meter can verify the "power function".

The necessary firmware is inside a windows library. If one has the original Tacx software it is possible to grab it with a little script I've written.
The OS has to load the driver (under linux with "fxload"). My hack does not support firmware loading by GC.

Currently I do not have the time to finish it, but I can provide an experimental source patch against the latest GC git version together with the "grabber" script.
Obviously, this is only for experienced users, who are able to compile the software. Maybe in future, this can be part of the main software package?

--mh

Mark Liversedge

Nov 28, 2016, 1:58:48 PM11/28/16
to golden-cheetah-users
On Monday, 28 November 2016 18:54:29 UTC, Michael Hipp wrote:

Currently I do not have the time to finish it, but I can provide an experimental source patch against the latest GC git version together with the "grabber" script.
Obviously, this is only for experienced users, who are able to compile the software. Maybe in future, this can be part of the main software package?

We get requests for this every now and again, if your patch doesn't affect existing Fortius support then adding it as experimental support for the iMagic wouldn't be a big deal...

Let me know and lets see what we can do ?

Mark
Message has been deleted

Goran Zupanic

Dec 24, 2016, 5:27:18 AM12/24/16
to golden-cheetah-users

, Hi,
I Know that simmilar posts allredy exsist but...
I've accidentally find the GC and try it on my iMagic (green device) and the programm didn't find it - obviously :-(
I don't want to pay any money for new interface and to Tacx for licence for Google earth
What i've seen the GC is better programm than TTS3 that I'm using - and TTS3 don't have any support from Tacx

So could You "write" some drivers for iMagic - if it's possible
I can be Yours test person

Today I've found out that there is a NetAthlon programm, simmilar to GC, and it have support for Tacx i-magic head unit, so could You take i-magic code from it and put in GC?
with regards
Goran

Good Vin

Feb 20, 2020, 1:51:34 PM2/20/20
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello!
I have a T1902 and a power-meter. Where can I see your experimental source patch?
Ready to test.
I wanted to modify the project https://github.com/john-38787364/antifier to support T1902. But I ran into the fact that I need firmware that loads the native driver for the windows OS.