Using GoldenCheetah for planning upcoming workouts

Erik Botö

Apr 6, 2016, 2:04:16 PM4/6/16
to golden-cheetah-users
I've seen somewhere that there is a plan to add functionality for planning your training in GC, which I think would be really nice. Are the plans for this available somewhere so I could take a peek and get an idea of what the plan is? I looked at the issue tracker a bit, but couldn't really find the info there.

Cheers,
Erik

miguel pires

Apr 7, 2016, 4:58:21 AM4/7/16
to golden-cheetah-users
That is something that I need to :D

Mark Liversedge

Apr 7, 2016, 5:05:52 AM4/7/16
to golden-cheetah-users
There are several components to this:

a) Bottom-Up Planning - detailed workout design - the new Workout Editor is there for this
b) Top-Down Load Planning - planning the volume/stress/frequency day-by-day
c) Training Composition - Matching Workouts to Daily stress

a) is largely done, but needs to be completed out for certain features
b) is starting today* (I am on holiday yay) is basically an 'interactive PMC'
c) will come last, and basically is a workout library with some mechanism to assign to a day

It will be very 'alpha' for v4, but the key components will be in place

Mark

* but it will be slow to begin with, I want to ride my bike :)

miguel pires

Apr 7, 2016, 6:09:48 AM4/7/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Thks Mark.
First enjoy your holidays!
What I wana is something like TrainingPeaks,to have a Schedule and put that in calendar, something like this:

Workouts for Thursday, April 07

2:30

61.2 km

345TSS

Mark Liversedge

Apr 7, 2016, 6:19:56 AM4/7/16
to golden-cheetah-users
On Thursday, 7 April 2016 11:09:48 UTC+1, miguel pires wrote:
Thks Mark.
First enjoy your holidays!
What I wana is something like TrainingPeaks,to have a Schedule and put that in calendar, something like this:

Workouts for Thursday, April 07

2:30

61.2 km

345TSS

Are you saying that in your case you don't plan load, just decide on the day what workout to perform?
Or are you saying that you combine workout selection with load planning (ie. they are done together)?

BTW, is that a real workout ? (seems impossible as 2.5hrs at 120% of FTP?)

Mark

miguel pires

Apr 7, 2016, 6:38:00 AM4/7/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark,
Please see the attachment file, and yes its a workout planed, not completed.
The problem is, and is something I'm learning about and investigating a solution, that if I do a GPS ride in Tacx i have a TSS and a NP  more high then SigmaRox 10 gives me without a power meter in a real ride in the same route, even if i do +- the same Avg in KM/h, and that is a big distortion and is not easy to setup a correct "FTP". :(
And because we are talking about metrics,if someone have a solution for this please let me know, because right now the solution appears to by a power meter and is not something in my planes for now...
Another problem, is the HR (and big problem for me)... How can I take it down to "good" values? Normally my HR is between 85-95 BPM... My friends have a BPM 65-75. In a Ride if I distract my self my HR goes up to +170 and stays their... :(
Sorry for the bad English and the complains about my HR and the problems I've with it and on setup the FTP...

Hope someone can help me and Mark you can understand what I was asking
Regards
Miguel
Captura de ecrã de 2016-04-07 11:22:50.png

miguel pires

Apr 7, 2016, 6:49:00 AM4/7/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark,
The attachment was from a GPS ride in TACX this one is the same ride, in the road with sigmarox 10.
About the HR if someone wana to understand my problem please see this https://www.strava.com/activities/514998338/heartrate
Captura de ecrã de 2016-04-07 11:46:41.png

Will

Apr 7, 2016, 11:59:50 AM4/7/16
to golden-cheetah-users
Mark, that all sounds really awesome.  I'm definitely excited for an interactive PMC after seeing what you did with the workout editor.

Will

Chris Cuylle

Apr 7, 2016, 5:24:09 PM4/7/16
to golden-cheetah-users
All this is awesome.  Is there a plan to have a workout file created and then downloaded to a device?  Like a Garmin?

Mark Liversedge

Apr 7, 2016, 5:26:10 PM4/7/16
to golden-cheetah-users
On Thursday, 7 April 2016 22:24:09 UTC+1, Chris Cuylle wrote:
All this is awesome.  Is there a plan to have a workout file created and then downloaded to a device?  Like a Garmin?

The workout editor is planned to write tcx workouts that can be downloaded to a device.
All the features / progress for the workout editor are here: https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/issues/702

Mark

Lin

Apr 7, 2016, 11:40:22 PM4/7/16
to golden-cheetah-users
The timing of this is perfect. I only recently started doing my own make shift planning/forecasting in Excel. I enter TSS value(s) and can view the resulting changes in the CTL, ATL, and TSB going forward.

Nadir Baca Paunero

May 15, 2023, 1:59:40 AM5/15/23
to golden-cheetah-users
Hola Lin podrias mostrarme como hacer eso en una hoja de excel?

Ale Martinez

May 15, 2023, 2:38:40 PM5/15/23
to golden-cheetah-users
El lunes, 15 de mayo de 2023 a la(s) 02:59:40 UTC-3, Nadir Baca Paunero escribió:
Hola Lin podrias mostrarme como hacer eso en una hoja de excel?

Dado que este es un tema inactivo hace más de 7 años no es muy probable que recibas respuestas de los participantes en la discusión, de todas maneras una búsqueda por "PMC formulas" debería orientarte, son fórmulas simples de implementar en Excel una vez que entiendes el concepto.

También es fácil crear Actividades que ocurran en el futuro en GC usando Actividad>Ingreso Manual de Actividad, asignarles valores a las métricas de estrés que te interesen, y usar un rango de fechas que las incluya y la opción que no sea "hasta hoy" en el PMC (o Banister Chart) para visualizar como evolucionaría con esos datos sin usar Excel ni formulas.
Luego las vas eliminando y reemplazando por las reales a medida que las vas realizando.

Ale Martinez

May 16, 2023, 12:35:02 PM5/16/23
to golden-cheetah-users