Interval average power

Donatello Parigino

Apr 14, 2021, 1:53:29 PM4/14/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Good morning,

I need to see the average power (related to any interval) as a real-time value during the training. This is necessary to understand if I match the target power (as an average) on any single interval.
I can't find this value in the real-time data available in the training view but I couldn't see in the correct place or there is an alternative way (by scripting) to obtain that value.

Thank you for the cooperation.

Best regards,
Donatello

Ale Martinez

Apr 14, 2021, 2:20:07 PM4/14/21
to golden-cheetah-users

Donatello Parigino

Apr 14, 2021, 2:44:54 PM4/14/21
to Ale Martinez, golden-cheetah-users
Please notice I don't want to create laps during the training. I want the average power at the end of any interval belonging to the workout as is.
In addition I see this lap power you suggested is available starting from v3.6. When it will be officially released? Is it sure using it before the official release?

I have an elite direto xr. Have you introduced some specific management for this new elite trainer?

Sorry for all the questions 🙂

Thank and best regards,
Donatello

Ale Martinez

Apr 14, 2021, 2:55:15 PM4/14/21
to golden-cheetah-users
El miércoles, 14 de abril de 2021 a la(s) 15:44:54 UTC-3, Donatello Parigino escribió:
Please notice I don't want to create laps during the training. I want the average power at the end of any interval belonging to the workout as is.

If the workout includes intervals, laps will be triggered automatically.

In addition I see this lap power you suggested is available starting from v3.6. When it will be officially released? Is it sure using it before the official release?

Yes, specially in Train mode current v3.6 builds are way better than v3.5 release.

I have an elite direto xr. Have you introduced some specific management for this new elite trainer?

No.

Donatello Parigino

Apr 15, 2021, 4:06:01 AM4/15/21
to golden-cheetah-users
I noticed "Lap Power" is present in official v3.5 also and I tested it.
It seems to not recognize intervals (as a lap).
I want to add this information: I set the "Remaining interval time" in my workout view and it recognize the intervals based on slope changes or power level changes.
I think the "Lap Power" is not based on the same concept. Am I wrong or correct?
Would it be possible to create an "Average interval power" recognizing intervals with the same method as the "Remaining interval time" did?

Thnak you and best regards,
Donatello

Ale Martinez

Apr 15, 2021, 4:38:33 AM4/15/21
to golden-cheetah-users
El jueves, 15 de abril de 2021 a la(s) 05:06:01 UTC-3, Donatello Parigino escribió:
I noticed "Lap Power" is present in official v3.5 also and I tested it.
It seems to not recognize intervals (as a lap).
I want to add this information: I set the "Remaining interval time" in my workout view and it recognize the intervals based on slope changes or power level changes.
I think the "Lap Power" is not based on the same concept. Am I wrong or correct?

Lap Power is based on Lap markers, if they are present in the workout they will be triggered automatically. They can be added in Workout Editor to existing Erg mode workouts appending an L at the end of the corresponding qwkcode line.

Donatello Parigino

Apr 15, 2021, 11:20:42 AM4/15/21
to Ale Martinez, golden-cheetah-users
Thank you for the advice. But it requires to edit hundreds of workout files.

In any case you have the potential to also introduce an "Interval avg power".
You have all the data to do it. You are able to recognize the interval change and you know the interval duration (in the same way you calculate the interval remaining time).
"Interval avg power" would be a very useful data to be monitored during the training.

Thank you and best regards,
Donatello

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "golden-cheetah-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/golden-cheetah-users/a8a0d044-7f5c-4277-8583-35ccf38fb943n%40googlegroups.com.

Ale Martinez

Apr 15, 2021, 12:23:59 PM4/15/21
to golden-cheetah-users
El jueves, 15 de abril de 2021 a la(s) 12:20:42 UTC-3, Donatello Parigino escribió:
Thank you for the advice. But it requires to edit hundreds of workout files.

In any case you have the potential to also introduce an "Interval avg power".
You have all the data to do it. You are able to recognize the interval change and you know the interval duration (in the same way you calculate the interval remaining time).

Thank you for the advice. But it requires to lot of development, testing and support work.

Donatello Parigino

Apr 16, 2021, 4:37:39 AM4/16/21
to Ale Martinez, golden-cheetah-users
I think if you clone the code used for the "Lap power" by using inside the "Interval time" you already have into other metric functions you could obtain the "Interval power" very fast.
I'm a developer and I think this is pretty fast to obtain.
I could also contribute to this.

Best regards,
Donatello

Ale Martinez

Apr 16, 2021, 10:24:19 AM4/16/21
to golden-cheetah-users
El viernes, 16 de abril de 2021 a la(s) 05:37:39 UTC-3, Donatello Parigino escribió:
I think if you clone the code used for the "Lap power" by using inside the "Interval time" you already have into other metric functions you could obtain the "Interval power" very fast.

I don't think this is the way to go, and I am not willing to implement that feature. To automatically add lap markers seems a better idea to me, it is simpler and it makes post-workout analysis easier.

I'm a developer and I think this is pretty fast to obtain.
I could also contribute to this.

YW, the project is open to contributions, we have some guidelines in https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/Guidelines-for-submitting-a-patch

Donatello Parigino

Apr 16, 2021, 10:47:42 AM4/16/21
to Ale Martinez, golden-cheetah-users
You stated "automatically add lap markers".
How can we do that if I already have hundreds of workout files?
Is there a tool I can use instead of manually editing each single file?

Ale Martinez

Apr 16, 2021, 11:06:05 AM4/16/21
to golden-cheetah-users
El viernes, 16 de abril de 2021 a la(s) 11:47:42 UTC-3, Donatello Parigino escribió:
You stated "automatically add lap markers".
How can we do that if I already have hundreds of workout files?

At load time

Is there a tool I can use instead of manually editing each single file?

IDK, but since you are a developer, you could write a script for that.

Donatello Parigino

Apr 16, 2021, 11:09:35 AM4/16/21
to Ale Martinez, golden-cheetah-users
OK I will proceed by myself.