GoldenCheetah V3.2 Released

Mark Liversedge

Aug 18, 2015, 3:28:02 PM8/18/15
to golden-cheetah-users

We are proud to announce that GoldenCheetah v3.2 was released today.

Downloads are here: http://www.goldencheetah.org/#section-download

What's new in V3.2 video is here: https://vimeo.com/135905103

User Guide is here: https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/UG_Main-Page_Users-Guide

Version 3.2 contains lots of bug fixes and functional changes to support Running and Swimming, Interval discovery and analysis, Moxy and Vector support and many Training View enhancements.

We have moved to storing activity data in a native JSON format. This means data will be converted when imported but the originals are kept too (in case you need the original data for any reason). When you first run version 3.2 it will upgrade the athlete data. We therefore recommend you TAKE A BACKUP before you install and use Version 3.2.

It represents over 1,400 code changes made since the last release by a development team from all corners of the globe. Ale Martinez has been solely responsible for implementing support for running and swimming, Jörn Rischmueller has implemented Vector support and all the heavy lifting for the upgrade and native file format. Lastly, Damien Grauser has implemented the interval discovery and analysis features.

MAJOR NEW FEATURES

Multisport Support

Support has now been included for running and swimming; including the CV and D’ as well as new charts, metrics and device support.

  1. Pace Zones - Running and Swimming
  2. Garmin Dynamics - Running and Cycling Dynamics
  3. GOVSS, SwimScore, TriScore et al
  4. CV Model

Moxy Support

The Moxy Muscle Oxygen Monitor is supported including direct download, data series charting and new metrics.

  1. Direct download from device
  2. Import CSV (moxy + peripedal) and FIT format
  3. Merge Tool changes
  4. Shift S+C to Smo2/tHB
  5. Derive HHb and O2Hb from SmO2/tHb
  6. Chartride, 2d, 3d, histogram

Train View Update

The train view has been updated to support real-time viewing of W’bal and new series from Garmin pedal power meters as well as support for the Tacx Vortex turbo.

  1. Tacx Vortex Electronic Trainer Support
  2. Vector Support
  3. Moxy Support
  4. W'bal as you ride
  5. New file format and import process at end of ride
  6. New turbos supported

Interval Discovery and Analysis

The train view has been updated to support real-time viewing of W’bal and new series from Garmin pedal power meters.

  1. Interval Navigator in Performance Plot
  2. Interval Auto-discovery; Peaks, Hills, TTE/Sustained, Routes
  3. Plot Sustained Intervals on CP chart (ride, season, compare)
  4. Sustained Time In Zone metrics
  5. Create intervals on the map
  6. Drop Segments onto Compare Pane to add all matching intervals

OTHER CHANGES

General Updates

  1. Improved Merge
  2. PMC Any Stress Metric
  3. W'bal Zones
  4. PMC Metrics on Summary and in Filters
  5. CP Estimates use rolling 6 weeks not 2 calendar months
  6. Added Ward-Smith PD Model
  7. Lots more Fix Tools (Elevation, Power, Moxy etc)
  8. Automatic importing of files
  9. Hide curves via legend in LTM Plot
  10. Improved performance for W'bal calculation
  11. Export 'heatmap' of rides for Google Maps
  12. Core Temperature Data Series Added
  13. Improved Chart editing in Trend View

Technical Updates

  1. NoSQL - RideCache in memory with backing store
  2. Directory Structure - /cache /config /activities etc
  3. Use Native File Format - json
  4. CLucene deprecated
  5. KQOauth lib replaces libOAuth
  6. File Quarantining
  7. Google Calendar API v2
  8. Measures db deprecated for a Withings cache
  9. Preferences changes update optimized
Message has been deleted

Mark Ewers

Aug 18, 2015, 3:31:59 PM8/18/15
to Mark Liversedge, golden-cheetah-users
BAM! Got mine.

Thanks Mark and all ...  You guys rock

Mark

miguel pires

Aug 18, 2015, 3:33:30 PM8/18/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,
Is possible to build a Linux Version, preferable in debian/ubuntu format?
regards
Miguel
PS: Thks for the hard work

Daniel Brogan

Aug 18, 2015, 4:02:59 PM8/18/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Congratulations to Mark and all the contributors. GC has become an amazing beast.

Eric Griffin

Aug 18, 2015, 4:18:22 PM8/18/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Congrats and thanks!

jkoch6599

Aug 18, 2015, 4:39:32 PM8/18/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Thank you so much!

Salvatore Taibi

Aug 18, 2015, 6:14:21 PM8/18/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Incredibile. Can't thank you guys enough!

Darren Turnbull

Aug 19, 2015, 1:51:50 AM8/19/15
to Salvatore Taibi, golden-cheetah-users
Amazing work to all the dedicated people who were involved with the 3.2 build.  Thanks

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 8:14 AM, Salvatore Taibi <salt...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Incredibile. Can't thank you guys enough!

Russell Brown

Aug 19, 2015, 5:20:01 AM8/19/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Congratulations! Watched the video, did the install, backed up my data. Sadly, 3.2 just does not work for me at all. Crashes all the time. None of the links to examine my ride exist any more, none of "trends" "train" etc do anything when I click on them. Not sure what to do. I'm using a MBPr running 10.9.5. I tried on my MBA running 10.10, same issue. Tried on my Fedora 21 install…looks like I need to build from source. Tried on my ubuntu 14 install, same.

Going to tackle this one thing at a time and figure out how to build from source on all my platforms and hopefully learn something along the way.

Mark Liversedge

Aug 19, 2015, 5:22:58 AM8/19/15
to golden-cheetah-users
On Wednesday, 19 August 2015 10:20:01 UTC+1, Russell Brown wrote:
Congratulations! Watched the video, did the install, backed up my data. Sadly, 3.2 just does not work for me at all. Crashes all the time. None of the links to examine my ride exist any more, none of "trends" "train" etc do anything when I click on them. Not sure what to do. I'm using a MBPr running 10.9.5. I tried on my MBA running 10.10, same issue. Tried on my Fedora 21 install…looks like I need to build from source. Tried on my ubuntu 14 install, same.

When you say they don't do anything, what do you see ?
A screenshot might help.

Mark

Brad

Aug 19, 2015, 6:11:28 AM8/19/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Thank you to all involved, GC is amazing!!
Loving the interval discovery and analysis, so cool

Russell Brown

Aug 19, 2015, 6:35:46 AM8/19/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Sure.

Linked is how my GC looks after install and importing rides for August (6 times is crashed while importing, I didn't save the crash report, but I will save the next one, promise)

When I click on "Trends" literally nothing happens, as though there was some invisible modal intercepting the click. Same for "Train" and "Diary"

And didn't there used to be a charts I could via under "activities"? That whole menu is gone.

If I go to "view" and "reset layout" (just in case) it does not help.
If I to "view" and "Tabbed not Tiled" I see all the charts tiled, so it seems the "tabbed" view is the issue

Erm, woah. I just resized the window and I got the tabs back, and everything is working

If I full size it I lose the main 4 tabs

Interesting. OK, looks like I'm good if I don't run it maxmised or full screen.

Thanks!

Russell

Mark Liversedge

Aug 19, 2015, 6:39:41 AM8/19/15
to golden-cheetah-users
The toolbar is hidden on full screen on a Mac because of a QT bug.
If you run in full screen you can still navigate between views using the view menu, activity actions are still available from the activity menu.

But entering search terms/filters is not there.

It was a compromise, to avoid a nasty QT bug and rendering issues.

Mark

Mark Liversedge

Aug 19, 2015, 7:00:09 AM8/19/15
to golden-cheetah-users
On Wednesday, 19 August 2015 11:35:46 UTC+1, Russell Brown wrote:
Linked is how my GC looks after install and importing rides for August (6 times is crashed while importing, I didn't save the crash report, but I will save the next one, promise)

No worries. But better to send a ride that causes the crash to me, so I can recreate and fix it.
Note, if you are automatically running data processors that may cause some issues.
(Preferences > Data Fields > Processing .. check if any are automatic).

Mark

Brooks More

Aug 19, 2015, 10:04:20 AM8/19/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark,

Installed the new version with no issues on my Mac.  Unfortunately, when I click on the activities>map tab the screen is blank and then the program crashes.  Do you think this is a bug, or something that I need to fix on my end?  Everything was working fine in version 3.0.2.  Thanks, Brooks

Jean Div

Aug 19, 2015, 10:19:10 AM8/19/15
to golden-cheetah-users
A MASSIVE thank you to all the devs that contributed their time and efforts to make this happen.. outstanding!

Cyclingteetop

Aug 19, 2015, 4:06:38 PM8/19/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks so much for all of the work.  A quick question...

My runs seem to have been loaded and indexed properly, as I'm able to filter my run only totals (e.g., time, distance, number of activities). I've also inputed my critical velocity correctly, as when I look at the individual run summaries I see scores for ATL, CTL, etc, and time in zone.

However, when I go the the trends page, when I filter just the runs, my performance management chart shows nothing and my time in zones shows nothing (unlike my swim and bike filters when do display those activities).

Is there a way around this problem?

Thanks!

Paul Anders

Aug 19, 2015, 5:36:43 PM8/19/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks! GC is an extremely capable and useful tool, I use it every day.

Mark Liversedge

Aug 19, 2015, 5:51:26 PM8/19/15
to golden-cheetah-users
On Wednesday, 19 August 2015 15:04:20 UTC+1, Brooks More wrote:
Hi Mark,

Installed the new version with no issues on my Mac.  Unfortunately, when I click on the activities>map tab the screen is blank and then the program crashes.  Do you think this is a bug, or something that I need to fix on my end?  Everything was working fine in version 3.0.2.  Thanks, Brooks

IIRC its to do with Apple disabling Java at Mavericks and needing to install it back.
I tried to find the link about this but failed miserably.

Mark

Ale Martinez

Aug 19, 2015, 6:20:14 PM8/19/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Which PMC are you talking about? Runs should appear on PMC (TriScore) if TriScore > 0, check this value in activity summary or details, but not on PMCs based on TSS or BikeScore.

Damon

Aug 20, 2015, 5:30:11 AM8/20/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Sadly I have an issue on install as well.

As instructed I backed up the rider file and then ran the upgrade. This works fine but when I open the programme it crashes every time when its about 75% through uploading the files (blue bar along the top of the UI). I've tried 4 times and the same each time. When I restart if takes me all the way back to the inital message about upgrading the file structures etc.

Any suggestions please? I saved the crash reports if thats a help?

Mark Liversedge

Aug 20, 2015, 5:55:12 AM8/20/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Sounds like one of your rides is tripping up the metric refresh.
If you send me your activities directory I'll see what the bug is.

If you are uncomfortable doing that,then create a new athlete and import the rides into it to see which one causes the problem. When GC opens after a crash you can create a new athlete with the New... button.

Thanks
Mark

Damon

Aug 20, 2015, 6:33:08 AM8/20/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks Mark - I have 5 years worth of rides though, so do I import them in batches? Will it show which one is the issue if I just import them all?

Damon

Aug 20, 2015, 6:40:51 AM8/20/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Ok - created a new athlete and started to import rides. Only question is how I can import a record of my CP changes over the 5 years so the data makes sense? I have a backup of all the files from the previous GC version - is there a file in there somewhere with all that logged that I can swap into the new directory?

Mark Liversedge

Aug 20, 2015, 7:01:21 AM8/20/15
to golden-cheetah-users
On Thursday, 20 August 2015 11:40:51 UTC+1, Damon wrote:
Ok - created a new athlete and started to import rides. Only question is how I can import a record of my CP changes over the 5 years so the data makes sense? I have a backup of all the files from the previous GC version - is there a file in there somewhere with all that logged that I can swap into the new directory?

Oh thank you for doing that. The contents of the config/ directory have all the files you need.
power.zones hr.zones have CP / LTHR settings for example. *-layout.xml is your views setup.

Mark

Damon

Aug 20, 2015, 7:46:51 AM8/20/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks - I've imported everything but of course I hadnt realised I've lost all the notes I added to every ride. Right now I'm looking at 5 years of metrics with no descriptions and notes with it and I cant seem to find any way to get all my additional data back?

I've decided for now just to go back to what i had before and stay with 3.1. I'm not sure the new features in 3.2 will make any real diference to how I use GC for now and I dont want to mess up all the data I've got again.

Appreciate the help with solving this Mark.

Mark Liversedge

Aug 20, 2015, 7:59:27 AM8/20/15
to golden-cheetah-users
On Thursday, 20 August 2015 12:46:51 UTC+1, Damon wrote:
Thanks - I've imported everything but of course I hadnt realised I've lost all the notes I added to every ride.

I don't understand this -- did you import the rides from the athlete directory or did you re-import the originals ?

Mark

Manuel Regidor

Aug 20, 2015, 11:37:01 AM8/20/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi. As other users said, first of all, congratulations to Mark, Alejandro and all the contributors. GC has become really amazing in the past years.
Now, I'm asking for help in a characteristic that I used to use a lot in 3.1 and in 3.2 I can't do it.

Because a picture paints a thousand words:

http://i.imgur.com/mxyoWWn.jpg

As you can see in Trends/Tracker, this week (esta semana) is selected. But I can't see metrics of PMC (CTL/ATL) for the rest of the week assuming no training.
For instance, in 3.1, I could see TSB for Sunday (CTL down and TSB bigger than today)

Thanks for help!

Manuel Regidor

Aug 20, 2015, 12:29:45 PM8/20/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Omg, I was really asleep. Solved...  Just select current selection.

Another question is that I always have the warning message of backup before start. Is it normal?

Malcolm Dingle

Aug 20, 2015, 5:15:58 PM8/20/15
to golden-cheetah-users
The new release automatically created intervals is a nice feature - great work :-)

I have noticed something that I am not sure whether is intentional or not, so won't call it a bug at this point.
In the previous version it was possible to select multiple user intervals (click, hold shift click again), then right click and choose delete to delete all of them at once. I found it helpful to delete all the intervals of a Garmin workout that were not the actual work intervals I was interested in. I notice that in this version I can still select multiple user intervals and right click and select delete. However, only the interval under the cursor at the time is deleted. To delete multiple intervals I need to delete them one at a time.

Is this the intended behaviour or is this a bug?
I'm using the Mac version fwiw.

Mark Liversedge

Aug 20, 2015, 5:23:28 PM8/20/15
to golden-cheetah-users
On Thursday, 20 August 2015 22:15:58 UTC+1, Malcolm Dingle wrote:
The new release automatically created intervals is a nice feature - great work :-)

I have noticed something that I am not sure whether is intentional or not, so won't call it a bug at this point.
In the previous version it was possible to select multiple user intervals (click, hold shift click again), then right click and choose delete to delete all of them at once. I found it helpful to delete all the intervals of a Garmin workout that were not the actual work intervals I was interested in. I notice that in this version I can still select multiple user intervals and right click and select delete. However, only the interval under the cursor at the time is deleted. To delete multiple intervals I need to delete them one at a time.

Is this the intended behaviour or is this a bug?
I'm using the Mac version fwiw.

The hamburger menu has Delete Selected Interval*s*
whilst the right click only applies to the one selected.
I think this is probably a wrong behaviour !
Lets call it a 'misfeature' and not a bug :)

Mark

Ale Martinez

Aug 20, 2015, 8:13:10 PM8/20/15
to golden-cheetah-users
El jueves, 20 de agosto de 2015, 13:29:45 (UTC-3), Manuel Regidor escribió:
Another question is that I always have the warning message of backup before start. Is it normal?

No, probably there are is some activity which could not be converted to .json, check the log to find out which one and try to solve the problem so upgrade can be completed in the next start and it doesn't run each time, this may be useful: https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/Upgrade_v3.2_Troubleshooting_Guide

Xplora213

Aug 21, 2015, 3:21:04 AM8/21/15
to golden-cheetah-users
VERY cool. I like the intervals detection a lot, and the matches and climbs feature is very cool. Is there any way of customising the climbs? The reason I ask is that I was doing some 12 minute hill repeats a couple weeks back and I think it only detected the first one?

Either way, I've been very impressed at the leap forward in "out of the box" functionality with each major update for 3.0, 3.1 and 3.2.

Malcolm Dingle

Aug 21, 2015, 5:18:00 AM8/21/15
to golden-cheetah-users
That's great - same functionality as before, so how its accessed is less important :-)

I also noticed (and perhaps it was always there?) that there is the option to rename all selected intervals - the effect is to add your text onto the name of the existing interval. This is great for naming multiple intervals of the same type (e.g. "Hill repeat").

If it was always there, I never noticed it (I was too busy right clicking selections :-) ) so hopefully other users who read this comment will also discover these batch features now.

G Coco

Aug 22, 2015, 1:19:57 AM8/22/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

I just put a Ubuntu 14.04 64bit file on Sourceforge.

It is not a .deb so you need to install the one dependency (vlc) manually.

Notes on what to do are on the Sourceforge page.

Will try to do a 32bit build as well.

ian

Aug 22, 2015, 9:25:11 AM8/22/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the latest version, it just gets better.

I am running the official Linux version and have a problem with the
colour scheme, specifically the dark blue used when a ride is selected
in the activities sidebar on the activities page. The dark blue covers
all the black text apart from bike and duration which turn white and are
legible. I have tried all the available themes and changed some of the
colours but haven't found a solution yet. Is this a bug or am I looking
in the wrong place.

thanks

Paolo Spanevello

Aug 22, 2015, 11:42:52 AM8/22/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Well Done!

Congrats Mark and all contributors for this release!

Bye,
Paolo

ian

Aug 22, 2015, 12:37:29 PM8/22/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Having been finding my way around the latest version I have a couple of
questions.

I only cycle so

How can I remove the swim and run parts on all of the summary pages.

How do I remove the word "bike" from the activity sidebar. The new
layout has listed vertically, the date. the word bike, and two blank
rows so the sidebar now shows only 25% of the rides V3.1 showed.

The other issue with the blue bar identifying the selected ride from
the activity sidebar masking the information below only seems to happen
if there are more columns than the basic date. With the date only the
black print turns white.

Mark Liversedge

Aug 22, 2015, 12:42:43 PM8/22/15
to golden-cheetah-users
A screenshot would help.

Ale Martinez

Aug 22, 2015, 3:54:33 PM8/22/15
to golden-cheetah-users
El sábado, 22 de agosto de 2015, 13:37:29 (UTC-3), Ian escribió:
I only cycle so

How can I remove the swim and run parts on all of the summary pages.
Try removing run-pace.zones and swim-pace.zones from athlete's config folder before running GoldenCheetah again.

How do I remove the word  "bike"  from the activity sidebar. The new
layout has listed  vertically, the date. the word  bike, and two blank
rows so the sidebar now shows only 25% of the rides V3.1 showed.

ian

Aug 23, 2015, 5:14:45 AM8/23/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ale, I had already removed the run and swim zones from the
athletes config, the swim and run entries I can't remove are the last
entries at the bottom of the diary and trend pages

As you suggested unticking the box at options - data field - workout -
sport removes the "bike" from the activity sidebar.

thanks

Ale Martinez

Aug 23, 2015, 10:42:13 AM8/23/15
to golden-cheetah-users
El domingo, 23 de agosto de 2015, 6:14:45 (UTC-3), Ian escribió:
Thanks Ale, I had already removed the run and swim zones from the
athletes config, the swim and run entries I can't remove are the last
entries at the bottom of the diary and trend pages

I think the runs/swims list probably shouldn't be shown when the athlete's has no runs/swims, if you want that feature for next release please open a new feature request at the tracker: https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/issues

Manuel Oberti

Aug 24, 2015, 1:53:40 AM8/24/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark,
your suggestion dont work......."Delete your charts.xml and home-layout.xml.
You have switched between RCs without restoring and they have been corrupted.

Or restore to 3.1 state and run 3.2 RC4"

The problem continue after a new install of 3.2. I dleted the 2 files , then I installed a 3.2version . I create a new summary chart for each year but when i click on my filter , the chart data diseppear

THANKS

Mark Liversedge

Aug 24, 2015, 5:00:02 AM8/24/15
to golden-cheetah-users
On Monday, 24 August 2015 06:53:40 UTC+1, Manuel Oberti wrote:
Hi Mark,
your suggestion dont work......."Delete your charts.xml and home-layout.xml.
You have switched between RCs without restoring and they have been corrupted.

Or restore to 3.1 state and run 3.2 RC4"

The problem continue after a new install of 3.2. I dleted the 2 files , then I installed a 3.2version . I create a new summary chart for each year but when i click on my filter , the chart data diseppear

Sounds like your filter doesn't do what you think it does :)

Mark

Manuel Oberti

Aug 24, 2015, 5:13:31 AM8/24/15
to golden-cheetah-users
My filter works well with ALL other charts......

THANKS

Brooks More

Aug 24, 2015, 8:16:52 AM8/24/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark,

I installed Java, but unfortunately the problem with the Maps tab persists.  It's not the most important feature, just thought I would let you know.  Here is the crash report for your information.  Thanks again for all the great work.  It has helped my training immensely.

Best,
Brooks

On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 7:00:09 AM UTC-4, Mark Liversedge wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 August 2015 11:35:46 UTC+1, Russell Brown wrote:
Linked is how my GC looks after install and importing rides for August (6 times is crashed while importing, I didn't save the crash report, but I will save the next one, promise)

No worries. But better to send a ride that causes the crash to me, so I can recreate and fix it.
Note, if you are automatically running data processors that may cause some issues.
(Preferences > Data Fields > Processing .. check if any are automatic).

Mark
Crash Report.txt

Mark Liversedge

Aug 24, 2015, 11:42:53 AM8/24/15
to golden-cheetah-users
On Monday, 24 August 2015 13:16:52 UTC+1, Brooks More wrote:
Hi Mark,

I installed Java, but unfortunately the problem with the Maps tab persists.  It's not the most important feature, just thought I would let you know.  Here is the crash report for your information.  Thanks again for all the great work.  It has helped my training immensely.

Oh that is irritating. I wonder if anyone else here remembers the root cause and fix ?

Mark

Nigel Van de Velde

Aug 25, 2015, 10:04:02 AM8/25/15
to golden-cheetah-users
I have been using GC 3.2 on Ubuntu for a few days now and everything works great. Only experienced a few crashes when I started scrolling before the metrics were fully refreshed or when a segment was being created. Anyway, love the new version so far!

I created quite some segments on past rides, which is really wonderful. Before this release, I had to go to Strava or something similar where I ended up getting tons of pointless and annoying segments (I often have to clean 50-100 segments for long rides), now I can just create the ones I find useful.

Segment creation could even be improved if we could rank them chronologically, maybe this could be added as a small improvement for the next version.

Another minor glitch happens when you look at the power colour overlays for Bing maps. Colours are nicely given for the power zones as long as you don't select an interval or segment. If you do that, the complete route -and thus not only the interval- gets covered under a blue shade.

Anyway, I love the work you all did for GC 3.2! Thanks

Thanks for your great work!

Brooks More

Aug 26, 2015, 7:37:09 AM8/26/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark,

I found a work-around.  I added the bing maps tab and it loads without a problem.  So, I will just avoid using the program's default Maps tab.

For the next version, it would be great to have a way to input data such as rider weight, soreness, fatigue, stress.  If there was a way to do this without having it be part of a workout, that would be most helpful.  In other words, you could track these metrics even on days that you don't upload a workout.  I know that the PMC tab shows ATL, but sometimes it is nice to have subjective data based on feel.

Thanks again,
Brooks

Mark Liversedge

Aug 26, 2015, 8:12:19 AM8/26/15
to golden-cheetah-users
On Wednesday, 26 August 2015 12:37:09 UTC+1, Brooks More wrote:
Hi Mark,

I found a work-around.  I added the bing maps tab and it loads without a problem.  So, I will just avoid using the program's default Maps tab.

OH!

That means its a real bug. Damn. Can you get the OSX crash report (not the GC one) ?
Would like to see what the problem is

Mark

Brooks More

Aug 26, 2015, 9:13:34 PM8/26/15
to golden-cheetah-users
I believe this is the report.
GoldenCheetah_2015-08-23-221013_henry-mores-macbook.crash

Arjen

Aug 28, 2015, 2:20:32 PM8/28/15
to golden-cheetah-users
I'm running 3.2 on the Mac and love the program, thanks for all the hard work!

I did find a bug in the preferences that consistently crashes GC. To reproduce, under metrics delete the last selected metric (move left). Now the new last item in the list is selected and the down button is selectable. When pressed the program crashes as there is no place further down the list to move this item.

Arjen

Paul Anders

Aug 28, 2015, 7:44:36 PM8/28/15
to golden-cheetah-users
I created an interval and named it "5th". When I right-click on it and do a "Create a route segment", it names the route segment "Route #1" (or "Route #2" if there's already a "Route #1"). The segment cannot be renamed. If I create the exact same interval and name it "Fifth" and create a route segment, it correctly names the route segment "Fifth".

Mark Liversedge

Aug 29, 2015, 3:01:47 AM8/29/15
to golden-cheetah-users
A segment is named after the interval. It is then used to name all segments found across all rides.
If you want to rename a segment you need to recreate it.

We've fixed this in 3.3

Mark

Justin Jones

Aug 30, 2015, 5:37:25 PM8/30/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark,
Thank you to you and the other developers.

I have upgraded to v3.2 but the app doesn't seem to install correctly.  Every time I run GC, I am given the initial upgrade athlete dialogue box in which I click "upgrade athlete and proceed."  Then GC runs the upgrade  which is far shorter then the first time I performed the upgrade.  There are errors in the report (attached).  I hit "proceed to athlete" and GC opens.  All of my data is there and GC functions fine at this point.  It just seems like I shouldn't need go through that process every time....

I have deleted GC and reinstalled but the problem persists.  I'm on a Mac running 10.10.    Thoughts?

Cheers,
Justin
GC Upgrade report.txt

Jörn R.

Aug 31, 2015, 4:51:47 AM8/31/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Justin,

as stated in the log-text - you need to fix the errors reported - which are reported (in your case 6 errors) - there are some hints on how-to fix errors given in the Wiki Upgrade Troubleshooting Guide.
As long as the errors are not fixed - the upgrade tool will do try to do it's job.

Concrete
- you have 4 errors moving files (most likely a file authorization problem) - so move them by hand to the subdirectory mentioned in the log.
- you have 2 CSVs which cannot be imported to GC and converted to JSON - check the files, try to import them manually / or if not required or corrupt remove them from the athlete root dir.

Best regards.
Joern

jwb...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2015, 5:24:55 PM9/20/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Very happy with GC!, but 3.2 sometimes crashes when calculating the metrics under model. Sometimes it works fine and all model metrics are calculated correct.
Attached the two crash reports (GC and OSX).

Is this a bug or is something corrupted?

Crash GC 3.2.txt
GC crash report GC.txt

ger...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2015, 2:02:47 AM10/4/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Is there anyone who is experiencing this thing?
When I add a new ride and add some notes after the text appears a ZERO, but I can't delete it and I don't know at what is referred...
Here's a screenshot! Thank you!
GC1.jpg

Mark Liversedge

Oct 4, 2015, 3:11:04 AM10/4/15
to golden-cheetah-users
What version are you on?
Make sure the metadata setup you haven't changed he notes field to a number.

ger...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2015, 3:44:26 AM10/4/15
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi Mark, it's 3.2.0 version...
Here you can see the 0 in the calendar text also... I am not adding anything else, when I upload a new ride I just delete the "bike" description and add the notes.
After that the software automatically add the ZERO.
GC2.jpg

Ale Martinez

Oct 4, 2015, 5:03:47 AM10/4/15
to golden-cheetah-users
The likely cause you have a non-text field with the diary checkbox activated in Data Fields configuration, they show only the value in 3.2, in current master field name is prepended to avoid this confusion.

ger...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2015, 8:42:13 AM10/4/15
to golden-cheetah-users
OK, I have found it! Thank you very much, issue solved!