best xxxx not always showing best times

Guido

Apr 26, 2021, 6:09:25 AM4/26/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi,

I'm working hard to improve my running so I like to follow my best times over certain distances.
I do this with the chart with the  "best x distance" metrics. But I've seen a couple of instances where the time for "best x distance" is higher than the time given via a selection-interval of the given activity.
Like in this example the "Best 5000m"  gives 21:37, while my selection of 5km gives me 21:30

Where does this difference come from?

Best5000m.png

selection5km.png

Ale Martinez

Apr 26, 2021, 8:27:45 AM4/26/21
to golden-cheetah-users
El lunes, 26 de abril de 2021 a la(s) 07:09:25 UTC-3, Guido escribió:
Hi,

I'm working hard to improve my running so I like to follow my best times over certain distances.
I do this with the chart with the  "best x distance" metrics. But I've seen a couple of instances where the time for "best x distance" is higher than the time given via a selection-interval of the given activity.
Like in this example the "Best 5000m"  gives 21:37, while my selection of 5km gives me 21:30

Where does this difference come from?

GoldenCheetah import time, distance and speed as recorded by your device.

Bests are computed from speed series and can differ from what you obtain from time and distance series.

Best5000m.png

selection5km.png

Guido

Apr 26, 2021, 10:09:36 AM4/26/21
to golden-cheetah-users
Oke, thanks for the quick reply.
Recompute did indeed fix the discrepancy.

So Bests are not always the most accurate, good to know.

Ale Martinez

Apr 26, 2021, 10:25:54 AM4/26/21
to golden-cheetah-users
El lunes, 26 de abril de 2021 a la(s) 11:09:36 UTC-3, Guido escribió:
Oke, thanks for the quick reply.
Recompute did indeed fix the discrepancy.

So Bests are not always the most accurate, good to know.

That depends on your device, and the sensors you use.

Fix Speed from Distance, like any other data processor, can be configured to run automatically on import if you want.

Nikolai Stenfors

Jan 7, 2022, 7:07:14 AM1/7/22
to golden-cheetah-users
I have another problem regarding "Best XXXXm...". In my case, even though I have run sessions up to 30km, only a few cells show MM:SS, whereas most cells display 00:00.
Reason? How to correct?

Nikolai Stenfors

Jan 7, 2022, 7:34:23 AM1/7/22
to golden-cheetah-users
Sorry, I found the solution in " Running - Best 5000m (Trends - Tracker) (google.com)":
I added the filter  "Sport = "Run" AND Distance > X.Y" at curve level for each distance