Proposal: Download workouts from TrainerDay

Joachim Kohlhammer

Jun 30, 2024, 11:44:48 AM (6 days ago) Jun 30
to golden-cheetah-users
Dear all,

Golden Cheetah has a functionality to download about 2800 workouts from a legacy S3 bucket provided by TrainerDay. As this bucket is not under their operational attention, I had a look into their new API. This API (requiring an API key) allows querying TrainerDays full set of about 30000 (according to their website) workouts.
The possible filters are
  • duration
  • dominant zone
  • title
Unfortunately the resulting workouts don't provide a description.

I would like to use this thread to discuss my addition and
  • if there is interest in this solution
  • how it could be improved.
The new download shares the same dialog window as the current solution but adds a new tab.
A PR is not yet prepared but could be created if there is interest.
Screenshot_20240630_172321.png

Regards
 Joachim

Rolf Kaul

Jul 2, 2024, 9:11:35 AM (4 days ago) Jul 2
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello Joachim,

I've been using GoldenCheetah for more than 10 years, TrainerDay for ~1.5 years.

My answers to your questions:
- I would be interested in the proposed extensions because I use GC and TrainerDay (TrainerDay for structured workouts, GC for data analysis and to run RLVs).
- It would also be useful if I could import my ERG workouts I created myself with TrainerDay into Golden Cheetah. In TrainerDay I have created one TAB per season.

I read the Golden Cheetah Forum entries regularly to see what's going on. I really appreciate your programming contributions on the Train View.

Best regards
Rolf