dynamic overlay of map and ride metrics

Matthew Finkbeiner

May 4, 2023, 5:15:47 AM5/4/23
to golden-cheetah-users
Hello, I would like to set up a chart much like this one:
https://www.goldencheetah.org/img/configurable.png

but sadly do not see how to do it.  Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you kindly,

Matthew

Ale Martinez

May 4, 2023, 6:58:47 AM5/4/23
to golden-cheetah-users
El jueves, 4 de mayo de 2023 a la(s) 06:15:47 UTC-3, Matthew Finkbeiner escribió:
Hello, I would like to set up a chart much like this one:
https://www.goldencheetah.org/img/configurable.png

but sadly do not see how to do it.  Could someone point me in the right direction?

In v3.5 you can switch Activities view to tiled mode using View menu or the toolbar and then rearrange the charts, for v3.6 there is a perspective combining map and performance in Activities default layout, you can access it creating a new user or using reset layout in your current user. See the wiki starting from https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/UG_General_UI-Layout-and-terminology

Matthew Finkbeiner

May 4, 2023, 5:17:56 PM5/4/23
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks for that Ale, but I still can't see how to make it dynamic -- i.e. drag my mouse along the power profile and see where the rider is on the map.  I can click on an effort and get a segment of the route highlighted on the map, which is great, but was hoping to also be able to figure out which direction the rider was traveling for that segment (by sliding my mouse along the power chart).  Is this available?  If not, no worries.  Just want to know how to access it if it is available.

Regards,

Matthew

Message has been deleted

Ale Martinez

May 4, 2023, 7:19:52 PM5/4/23
to golden-cheetah-users
El jueves, 4 de mayo de 2023 a la(s) 18:17:56 UTC-3, Matthew Finkbeiner escribió:
Thanks for that Ale, but I still can't see how to make it dynamic -- i.e. drag my mouse along the power profile and see where the rider is on the map.  I can click on an effort and get a segment of the route highlighted on the map, which is great, but was hoping to also be able to figure out which direction the rider was traveling for that segment (by sliding my mouse along the power chart).  Is this available?  If not, no worries.  Just want to know how to access it if it is available.

See the wiki entry for each chart type, all you need is explained there.