Movesense Sensor Integration

Mario Pabst

Feb 15, 2022, 2:51:05 AM2/15/22
to golden-cheetah-users
Morning
Started playing with the Movesense HR+ sensor. It provides, besides HR and HRV also motion information from gyro and acceleration sensor and others...

Did anyone succeed with importing the HR and HRV data from Movesense ?  Its BLE and not ANT.  Seems not straight forward.
thanks, Mario

Mario Pabst

Feb 15, 2022, 2:52:36 AM2/15/22
to golden-cheetah-users
... into GC

Ale Martinez

Feb 15, 2022, 5:26:31 AM2/15/22
to golden-cheetah-users
HR should work since that sensor seems to support standard BLE HRM profile.

OTOH GC Train support for HRV is ANT+ only currently.

Mario Pabst

Feb 15, 2022, 7:42:37 AM2/15/22
to golden-cheetah-users
it should... but seems to not find the sensor.  I'll keep trying.

Ale Martinez

Feb 15, 2022, 7:47:21 AM2/15/22
to golden-cheetah-users
El martes, 15 de febrero de 2022 a la(s) 09:42:37 UTC-3, gmap...@gmail.com escribió:
it should... but seems to not find the sensor.  I'll keep trying.

Mario Pabst

Feb 16, 2022, 3:34:05 AM2/16/22
to golden-cheetah-users
Couldn't find any hint in the docs.
I connect the HR+  to the PC via BT.
Then starting GC and trying to connect the sensor via Tools/Options/Train... Strat the Assistent by hitting "+" , choose BT 4.0, proceed to virtual power window which I ignore, and in last window I enter a name and finish.
Now in Train I can start the workout.  But HR count remains at 0.

The sensor does work when connected to the Movesense mobile APP. I'm aware that it can only be connected either to the  phone or to the PC. So I'm always disconnecting when changing devices.
I will need to study the Movesense API docs to find a different way of checking the HR+ via PC.

Ale Martinez

Feb 16, 2022, 12:18:16 PM2/16/22
to golden-cheetah-users
El miércoles, 16 de febrero de 2022 a la(s) 05:34:05 UTC-3, gmap...@gmail.com escribió:
Couldn't find any hint in the docs.

All you need is there, from to ensure the sensors are awake before to start the search, to the log/debug option to look for more information. We write it there to avoid repeating the same here each time…

Mario Pabst

Feb 17, 2022, 5:22:11 AM2/17/22
to golden-cheetah-users
Sorry Ale, but I must be really blind.  Went thru again.  A section discussing  how to check the sensor is awake before starting in GC I can't find.
And the only hint on the log is the to check goldencheetah.log residing in the folder parallel to the Athlets folder.  And that remains empty in my case, also when starting GC from a File Manager and not the short cut.

Ale Martinez

Feb 17, 2022, 7:29:17 AM2/17/22
to golden-cheetah-users
It’s enough for me, I am out.

MyJunk Junk

Feb 18, 2022, 7:26:30 AM2/18/22
to golden-cheetah-users
I read about the device with huge interest. Then I found
1) it's cost .. bummer
2) It only supports BLE (and only 1 channel) - Double bummer

Mario Pabst

Feb 18, 2022, 9:43:47 AM2/18/22
to golden-cheetah-users
Yes, that is true. But the open source idea is what makes it interesting for me.
Still didn't get it to run on GC but will keep trying.