Side Bar Avtivities Pane - Defaults to Group By Workout Code.

Tim Sinclair

May 10, 2024, 12:51:07 PMMay 10
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi and THANK YOU so much for the new version 3.7!
It installed PERFECTLY :-)

Is it possible to have the default Side Panel Activities view set to Date so that every time I open GC the activities are listed in date order?

My activities always used to appear in Date order but in 3.6 something happened to change that to change that to group by Workout Code. Rather than bother anyone at the time I thought I would wait until I installed a new version hoping that this would change for me (it may be something I've done and I'm not immediately assuming this is a bug).

I looked at the wiki page and can see no obvious solution to this https://github.com/GoldenCheetah/GoldenCheetah/wiki/UG_Side-Bar_Activities-view . I am, ofcourse making the assumption that the view should default to the previous setting. Ive been using GC since 2016 and it always has been previously.

Thank you for any time you can give to answering this for me :-)

Screenshot 2024-05-10 174011.jpg

Screenshot 2024-05-10 175014.jpg

Tim Sinclair

May 10, 2024, 1:17:19 PMMay 10
to golden-cheetah-users
Resolved :-)
Clicking on the column header title 'Date', rather than using the drop-down menu  made the change permanent :-)

Screenshot 2024-05-10 181613.jpg
With huge thanks to P. :-)

Ale Martinez

May 10, 2024, 5:34:36 PMMay 10
to golden-cheetah-users
El viernes, 10 de mayo de 2024 a la(s) 2:17:19 p.m. UTC-3, Tim Sinclair escribió:
Resolved :-)
Clicking on the column header title 'Date', rather than using the drop-down menu  made the change permanent :-)

 What clicking on the column header does is to reorder the activity list by that column, which is explained in the link you posted above, and it is different from group by.

Tim Sinclair

May 11, 2024, 3:15:00 PMMay 11
to golden-cheetah-users
Thanks Ale! I fell into the trap of not looking beyond the /// menu and assuming ;-)