Run data STEPLENGTH

Medien Forscher

Jun 19, 2022, 10:55:44 AM6/19/22
to golden-cheetah-users
Hi
When I import run data from my coros watch there is a extra column STEPLENGTH in the raw data. How can I use this data in e.g. user defined Diagrams? An example would be very helpful. Thanks! Olivier

Medien Forscher

Jun 19, 2022, 12:20:17 PM6/19/22
to golden-cheetah-users
I know now, I have to work with xdata. I tried a lot of things, but none work for a user defined diagram. I tried things like this:

{

init {

xx<-c();

yy<-c();

count<-0;

}

finalise {

xx <- samples(SECS);

yy <- XDATA("EXTRA", "STEPLENGTH", interpolate);

}

x { xx; }

y { yy; }

}

Ale Martinez

Jun 19, 2022, 1:53:28 PM6/19/22
to golden-cheetah-users

Medien Forscher

Jun 20, 2022, 1:28:29 AM6/20/22
to golden-cheetah-users
Thank you very much. I tried this, but whatever I do it returns a syntax error. I run 3.6. Like this?

 finalise {

xx <- samples(SECS);

yy <- samples(XDATA("EXTRA", "STEPLENGTH" secs));

}

Also only XDATA("EXTRA", "STEPLENGTH" secs) returns Syntax Error.

Thx again.

Ale Martinez

Jun 20, 2022, 6:56:44 AM6/20/22
to golden-cheetah-users
| means either in syntax description, don’t add secs at the the end, instead use it to build x series since XDdata has its own time base.

Ale Martinez

Jun 20, 2022, 12:45:29 PM6/20/22
to golden-cheetah-users

pepe

Jun 20, 2022, 2:18:53 PM6/20/22
to golden-cheetah-users

Hi Ale,

What if we want to calculate Step Length from Speed (Basic Data) and from CADENCE-2(DEVELOPER) both fields feeded from Stryd data. Each with its own time base, i supose.

Does a formula like the following makes any sense? It seems to work, but

{

init {

vv<-c();

oo<-c();

xx<-c();

yy<-c();

count<-0;

}

relevant {

XDATA("DEVELOPER", "CADENCE-2", repeat);

}

finalise {

vv <- samples(SPEED);

xx <- xdata("EXTRA", secs);

oo <- SECS;

yy <-30*(vv*1000/3600)/((xdata("DEVELOPER", "CADENCE-2"))/oo)*1000;

}

x { xx; }

y { yy; }

}

Many thanks

Pepe

Ale Martinez

Jun 20, 2022, 3:36:42 PM6/20/22
to golden-cheetah-users
El lunes, 20 de junio de 2022 a la(s) 15:18:53 UTC-3, pepe escribió:

Hi Ale,

What if we want to calculate Step Length from Speed (Basic Data) and from CADENCE-2(DEVELOPER) both fields feeded from Stryd data. Each with its own time base, i supose.

Does a formula like the following makes any sense?

It doesn't seem so, specifically init is redundant and I don't know what you expect oo should contain.

It seems to work, but

relevant {

XDATA("DEVELOPER", "CADENCE-2", repeat);

}

finalise {

vv <- samples(SPEED);

xx <- xdata("EXTRA", secs);

oo <- SECS;

yy <-30*(vv*1000/3600)/((xdata("DEVELOPER", "CADENCE-2"))/oo)*1000;

}

x { xx; }

y { yy; }

}

 Likely vv and xx are equal for stryd activities, and you don't need to distinguish them, otherwise there is a match function which may help.

pepe

Jun 20, 2022, 8:39:59 PM6/20/22
to golden-cheetah-users
Big thanks Ale