Error Parsing the VB BNF

Doug Morris

Nov 22, 2011, 10:56:34 AM11/22/11
to GOLD Parsing System
I downloaded the latest version of Gold Parser (5.01) and tried to
build the VB.NET grammar from hte same website and it fails due to and
error with the Comment Line entry.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

OnePoint Global is a Limited company registered in England and Wales (Company No. 05641242, VAT No. 895 9289 39). This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please let us know by email reply. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Devin

Nov 22, 2011, 12:33:37 PM11/22/11
to GOLD Parsing System
Ah. I need to go through the grammar page tonight and update any line/
block comments that changed in 5.0. In 5, group definitions, such as
Comment Line, only specify a terminal name rather than a regular
expression. This was necessary since multiple groups can share the
same ending terminal.

Anyway, you can update the grammar as follows:

CommentSymbol = '' | Rem

Comment Line = CommentSymbol

... or... you can create two groups. 'Comment' is automatically
defined as noise. But, our second one will have to be set manually:

Comment Line = ''
Rem Line = rem

Rem @= {type = noise}

Now there are two line-based groups: Comment Line and Rem Line. The
container for Comment Line is 'Comment' and Rem Line is 'Rem'. Both
are noise, and will be ignored.

On Nov 22, 7:56 am, Doug Morris <doug.mor...@onepointsurveys.com>

Doug Morris

Nov 22, 2011, 4:14:14 PM11/22/11
to GOLD Parsing System
excellent stuff Devin!

thanks for your help!

On Nov 22, 5:33 pm, Devin <Goo...@DevinCook.com> wrote:
> Ah. I need to go through the grammar page tonight and update any line/
> block comments that changed in 5.0.  In 5, group definitions, such as
> Comment Line, only specify a terminal name rather than a regular
> expression. This was necessary since multiple groups can share the
> same ending terminal.
>
> Anyway, you can update the grammar as follows:
>
> CommentSymbol = '' | Rem
>
> Comment Line   = CommentSymbol
>
> ... or... you can create two groups. 'Comment' is automatically
> defined as noise. But, our second one will have to be set manually:
>
> Comment Line = ''
> Rem Line = rem
>
> Rem @= {type = noise}
>
> Now there are two line-based groups: Comment Line and Rem Line. The
> container for Comment Line is 'Comment' and Rem Line is 'Rem'. Both
> are noise, and will be ignored.
>
> On Nov 22, 7:56 am, Doug Morris <doug.mor...@onepointsurveys.com>
> wrote:
>

> > I downloaded the latest version of Gold Parser (5.01) and tried to
> > build the VB.NET grammar from hte same website and it fails due to and
> > error with the Comment Line entry.
>
> > Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> > Thanks in advance.
>

> > OnePoint Global is a Limited company registered in England and Wales (Company No.05641242, VAT No.895 9289 39). This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please let us know by email reply. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Uttara Bose

Oct 13, 2014, 2:45:26 AM10/13/14
to gold-pars...@googlegroups.com
Hello team,

I had the similar problem and the solution worked for me.

Thanks.