database/sql: special interest group

Daniel Theophanes

Jan 8, 2017, 7:49:32 PM1/8/17
to golan...@googlegroups.com
In go1.8 I worked on adding a number of features to "database/sql". I hope to address a few more needs in the go1.9 cycle. To that end I want to gather some other voices who both use Go and who use SQL based database servers regularly. Even if you don't use "database/sql" I would still like to hear from you.

I've created a new group https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/golang-sql for such discussion and interest. I would like to discuss a few of the issues listed at https://github.com/golang/go/issues/assigned/kardianos with a wider audience instead of the one or two people who happened upon the issue at hand.

In the further future I would like to discuss connection pool and driver optimizations, testing, and a dedicated (non-std lib) package for defining SQL types, common utilities such as table buffers, and interfaces like bulk load. I think it would also be good to vet drivers through a common testing suit and setup CI for drivers without it yet.

Thanks, -Daniel