Arguments for single connection outside of a Tx

Daniel Theophanes

Jan 23, 2017, 3:04:48 AM1/23/17
to golang-sql
If you want to see support for grabbing a single DB connection that can be reused outside of a TX (issue https://github.com/golang/go/issues/18081 ) please comment on the issue.

Specifically:
 * What would this enable you to do through the Go driver that you couldn't do otherwise?
 * Has this previously forced you to work around this limitation or block you?

I want to have concrete reasons for including it and I want to ensure it just isn't myself talking. I'd like to have these arguments inline and a decision made before go1.8 is released.
Thanks, -Daniel

Tamás Gulácsi

Mar 8, 2017, 4:36:41 AM3/8/17
to golang-sql

Sorry for the late response, but I don't see any reason to have a connection outside of a transaction.
I do see use of separate connections with separate transactions, but no need for a "transactionless" connection.