Hi there

Carl Menezes

Nov 12, 2013, 8:41:16 PM11/12/13
to gola...@googlegroups.com
I've been writing high performance C++ for the last 10 years or so and have been using Python for some AI for the last couple of years.
Then I discovered Go and I'm having heaps of fun.
I'm currently working at a VOIP company in Auckland and am writing a SIP library for Go while I get my head around the related RFCs :)

Looks like I just missed the last meetup. When is the next one?

Kees Varekamp

Nov 12, 2013, 9:43:23 PM11/12/13
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Sounds cool! - I've dabbled around with voip a bit myself, very interested.

We haven't planned a new meetup yet but let's do so now - sometime around the end of November?

Piotr - have you managed to convince your boss yet to let us use your office in Newmarket ?

Carl Menezes

Nov 12, 2013, 9:55:54 PM11/12/13
to gola...@googlegroups.com
The end of November works well for me.

Am Laher

Nov 14, 2013, 4:12:13 AM11/14/13
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Cool stuff, welcome aboard Carl. A SIP library would be awesome. We've used SIP for our home phone for years and I've always wanted to try hacking around with it.

Seeing as Tuesday seemed to work last time, shall we try for Tuesday 26th Nov? (depending on what Piotr says etc)

Kees Varekamp

Nov 14, 2013, 5:59:17 PM11/14/13
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good to me! - Location yet to be determined.

Piotr Zurek

Nov 21, 2013, 7:31:47 PM11/21/13
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I forgot to enable notifications for this group and wasn't aware of this conversation. Fixed this now.
I've replied to Kees privately already but I may as well write it here too.
We are definitely interested in hosting the next (and all following) meet-ups at our office.
If all goes well, we may even have a little talk ready for next week.
The problem is that Tuesday is not good for neither for us.
Would Wednesday be acceptable for others?

Cheers,
Piotr

Kees Varekamp

Nov 21, 2013, 10:45:54 PM11/21/13
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Im happy with Wednesday too :-)

Am Laher

Nov 22, 2013, 1:53:52 PM11/22/13
to gola...@googlegroups.com
I can make it Wednesday too, thanks Piotr

Evan Shaw

Nov 22, 2013, 7:04:37 PM11/22/13
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Wednesday works for me.
> --
> --
>
> ---
> "golang-nz" group.
> email to golang-nz+...@googlegroups.com.

Robert King

Nov 22, 2013, 8:58:33 PM11/22/13
to gola...@googlegroups.com
I can make Wednesday. What are the details?

Piotr Zurek

Nov 23, 2013, 12:42:00 AM11/23/13
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Cool! I'll confirm the details on Monday and will post as soon as possible.
What time? 6? 6:30?
I'll also try to create the draft of the meet-up page and we can polish it together on Wednesday.

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Robert King <kingrob...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can make Wednesday. What are the details?

Piotr
-------
http://about.me/p.zurek

Piotr Zurek

Nov 23, 2013, 1:25:47 AM11/23/13
to gola...@googlegroups.com
OK, here we go: http://www.meetup.com/Go-AKL/
Please, sign-up and let's get this rolling.

Eduardo Schettino

Nov 23, 2013, 2:00:12 AM11/23/13
to gola...@googlegroups.com
I wont join this time, I am in hamilton...
You guys have fun.

cheers

Carl Menezes

Jan 8, 2014, 5:44:16 PM1/8/14
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I couldn't make it. Had a baby. Will definitely try and be there for the Feb 27th one.