1.5 days into Go... and all I got was this screencast...

Mark Derricutt

Mar 16, 2014, 10:37:02 PM3/16/14
to gola...@googlegroups.com

Hey all,

From never having written a line of Go before Saturday morning, I embarked on a wet-weekend project to build a basic Continuous Integration server targeting the Gerrit Codereview tool - and came out of it after 1.5 days with the following:

Using a mixture of the SSH library ( which was a small side-mission having to patch the JVM and Gerrit Server to support the stronger crypto ciphers that Go's SSH package supports ( or more, to work around the fact Go removed the weaker ciphers )).

The codes somewhat rank with lots of fail-fast calls to panic() everywhere as I was experimenting - must work out a more user-friendly way of handling that and expand the support of project build types.

So far - quite enjoying Go, even tho it has....quirks.

Mark