Jobs in New Zealand using Go

Peter Rosser

Nov 25, 2012, 3:44:31 PM11/25/12
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone code in Go professionally? I've dabbled in it personally, and I'd love to get paid to write in Go, but I can't find anything in that area.

Andrew Chilton

Nov 25, 2012, 4:02:18 PM11/25/12
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

On 26 November 2012 09:44, Peter Rosser <peter.jam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone code in Go professionally? I've dabbled in it personally, and
> I'd love to get paid to write in Go, but I can't find anything in that area.

I started playing with Go a lot last year, but since then I've ended
up playing with Node.js a lot more instead.

Sorry, I don't know of anyone in NZ using Go though I heard on the
grapevine that Weta Digital were playing with it. Whether they have
any production systems written in Go I'm not sure, but a lot of their
work would be a perfect fit for Go. (Note: I worked for Weta Digital
for 6 months about 5 years ago.)

Cheers,
Andy

--
Andrew Chilton
e: chi...@appsattic.com

Evan Shaw

Nov 25, 2012, 4:15:10 PM11/25/12
to gola...@googlegroups.com
I work remotely for Iron.io[1] and write Go professionally, though I
don't think we're currently looking to hire anyone. Canonical also
uses Go and I believe they hire remote employees.

The only NZ company I know of using Go is Auckland-based MROffice[2].

[1] http://iron.io/
[2] http://mroffice.org/

- Evan

Kees Varekamp

May 29, 2013, 8:00:34 PM5/29/13
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Hi Evan,

You are right - we (mroffice.org) are using Go pretty much exclusively for our software dev these days. We're not hiring at the moment, but perhaps there might be contract opportunities in the not too distant future.

Kees