hi everybody - is Go still a thing?

Reed Wade

Feb 6, 2015, 4:09:58 AM2/6/15
to gola...@googlegroups.com

We've started using it a bit around the office. It seems to _really_ nice for stat'ing 300,000 files very quickly - which is a thing we do sometimes.

-reed

Carl

Jul 8, 2015, 3:03:30 PM7/8/15
to gola...@googlegroups.com
A bit late to the discussion, but we use it quite extensively for tooling and it has worked beautifully.

Stuff we use it for:
development workflow automation
deployment
management of an automated test pipeline, etc.
writing standalone diagnostic utilities

Am Laher

Dec 3, 2015, 4:50:37 AM12/3/15
to golang-nz
Wow, this is a very delayed response - Hi Carl.
Go is certainly still a thing. It's a small thing here in NZ, but not globally.
Some of us went along to Gophercon this year in Denver, and, my word it's huge. So many huge companies were represented, and all are using it for important, performance critical stuff. People like Comcast, Twitch.tv (a *huge* business I'd never heard of), even Apple are using it.
There are a few companies here in NZ who use Go - Hapara & Vend, and some others. I've been working full-time on Go for the whole of 2015, along with a growing number of colleagues on the team at Hapara. Loving it.
What kind of system do you use where you need to stat 300,000 files at great speed?