Looking for full-time Go/Python developers, tele-commuting

Juergen Brendel

Jul 26, 2015, 9:33:51 PM7/26/15
to golang-nz

Hello!

I'm director of engineering for a small startup in the space of data
center networking and network virtualization.

While I don't mean to spam this list, I gather that this might be of
interest to some of you. We are looking for excellent people -
intermediate to senior level - to join our team as full-time
developers. There's Go and Python in our project, as well as Linux,
Ansible, containers, cloud computing, etc.
The more complete
description is below.

Do not worry if you can't tick all the boxes. It's not necessary, maybe
not even possible to do so, especially considering how young some of those
technologies are. While any experience you DO have in those areas is
certainly extremely helpful, being smart, willing to learn and taking
pride in the quality of your work is most important.

We are very much a distributed team, so tele-commuting is the norm for
us. To illustrate the point: The company is US-based, but I'm working
from New Zealand. We also generally have very flexible working hours.

If this sounds like it could be of interest, please read on for the more
complete description.

You can reply to me directly or to the address at the end.

Hope to hear from you!

Juergen

- - - - - - - - - -

Software developer, tele-commuting: Go, Python, Linux, DevOps.

        Full-time position in well-funded US-based startup for an
        intermediate or senior Go/Python developer. Work remotely,
        flexible work hours, competitive salary and equity package.

Detail:

        We are a small startup company with a big plan: Greatly simplify
        data centre networking and network virtualization, provide
        solid, beautifully simple and sturdy networking with our open
        source solution.

        Is this something you can see yourself getting behind and exited
        about? Are you an excellent developer who takes pride in the
        quality of your work? Do you enjoy taking part in brand new,
        ambitious projects that can make a real difference? Can you see
        yourself working as part of an internationally distributed team?

        Do you have experience in some or even all of these areas?

              * Golang
              * Python
              * RESTful interfaces
              * Container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
              * OpenStack
              * AWS or GCE
              * Linux system administration
              * Agile development practices
              * DevOps
              * Configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet,
                Chef, etc.)
              * General networking concepts

        Don't worry if you can't tick all the boxes: We understand this
        is a pretty impressive list and that creativity, enthusiasm and
        motivation can often compensate for lack of experience in a
        specific area. Instead, we are looking for smart, creative
        people with the ability to learn!

        We offer a competitive salary and equity package, flexible hours
        and freedom to work from home.

        If you think this sounds like a great position and interesting
        work, we would love to hear from you!

        Please reply to 'jo...@paninetworks.com'.