Gophercon

Am Laher

May 25, 2015, 6:53:28 AM5/25/15
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, OMG I'm going to Gophercon in Denver in July. 3 of us are going from Hapara.
Is anyone else going from NZ? If so, let us know

Dave Cheney

May 25, 2015, 6:58:29 AM5/25/15
to gola...@googlegroups.com
There will probably be a few Canonical folks making the journey, from
both NZ and AU.
> --
> --
>
> ---
> "golang-nz" group.
> email to golang-nz+...@googlegroups.com.

Am Laher

May 25, 2015, 7:11:56 AM5/25/15
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Good stuff. I didn't know you had kiwi gophers at Canonical - intrigued.

Dave Cheney

May 25, 2015, 7:14:05 AM5/25/15
to gola...@googlegroups.com
We have heaps, my whole team are Kiwi's, I'm the lone skip

Am Laher

May 25, 2015, 7:21:55 AM5/25/15
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Really? Wow. They've never revealed themselves to GoAKL, AFAIK. I'm going to hassle them when I meet them :)
Speaking of which, it's about time we got GoAKL back together.
I can rustle up a meetup at Hapara in June, hopefully. I'll draft something on meetup.
BTW, at Hapara we now have 3 devs working fulltime with Go, and growing.

Piotr Zurek

May 25, 2015, 3:23:03 PM5/25/15
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Totally with you on getting the GoAKL back together. It would be brilliant to have it organised at Hapara.
Vend has just moved (upstairs from the old office) and we have plenty of space to organise events, but we need to prepare that space (chairs, projector) before anything happens.

Evan Shaw

May 25, 2015, 4:21:17 PM5/25/15
to gola...@googlegroups.com
I can probably make an early-ish June GoAKL, but I've got a baby due
on June 17. I don't expect anyone to schedule around me; just throwing
it out there.

I won't be making it to Gophercon due to aforementioned baby. ;) Maybe
next year.

- Evan

Andrew Simmons

May 25, 2015, 6:24:11 PM5/25/15
to gola...@googlegroups.com
I’d be very keen on a meeting in June, especially since I had to miss the last couple. I’d also be extremely interested to hear about people using Go for real work in NZ.

Am Laher

May 26, 2015, 4:04:34 AM5/26/15
to gola...@googlegroups.com
I'm more than happy to schedule around the baby, Evan. I think you couldn't make our first ever meet up because your previous baby was born that week. So, let's try and rectify it this time. I'm thinking the week of 10th June, because I need a bit of preparation time for a presentation. Hopefully the baby doesn't come early...
We could alternatively have something on the 4th, but it's hard to say if I'd have time to prepare anything by then.

Piotr Zurek

May 26, 2015, 2:09:11 PM5/26/15
to gola...@googlegroups.com
The week of the 10th sounds good to me. If we could settle on that I would put something up on the meetup page to let people know something is happening.

Am Laher

May 27, 2015, 12:24:04 AM5/27/15
to gola...@googlegroups.com
Hi Piotr, thanks. Looks like Tuesday 9th June is best for us: pizza & drink co-ordination is underway.
I can do the meetup stuff tonight - up to you... I already started drafting a description last week.