Proposition for Go proverb on generics: Write code, don't design types.

Kamil Ziemian

Jan 26, 2022, 12:38:10 PM1/26/22
to golang-nuts
"Write code, don't design types." This statement is a title of the section of Generics! talk by Robert Griesemer and Ian Lance Taylor at GopherCon 2021, time 21:09 and while I start to try my hands with generics in beta of Go 1.18 I think that it look like good new Go proverb. What do you think about it?

Anyone interested in generics (type parameters) should watch this whole talk. As a side effect he/she will know what is the meaning of this proverb by Ian Lance Taylor.

Best regards,
Kamil