[unicode] Missing Katakana runes in rangetable?

Matt Sherman

Jun 27, 2022, 10:51:07 PM6/27/22
to golang-nuts
Hi there, I stumbled across a surprising discovery that unicode.Is(unicode.Katakana, 'ー') returns false. This is code point U+30FC, and appears in the Katakana code block. Looking at the rangetable, it’s appears to be skipped, along with 30FB, if I am reading correctly.

Would anyone know if this is intentional? I recognize that these tables are generated, though I admit I could not find the generator for Scripts categorization.

Thanks.

Matt Sherman

Jun 27, 2022, 11:40:58 PM6/27/22
to golang-nuts
Ah, I was barking up the wrong tree on this, please disregard. It’s an extending character, which by itself (I infer) is not categorized as Katakana.