BoringCrypto on arm64?

Louisa Berger

Sep 26, 2022, 2:51:58 PM9/26/22
to golang-nuts
Hello,

I've been using the BoringCrypto package, and would like to use it on Graviton as well. I see from the caveat here (https://go.googlesource.com/go/+/dev.boringcrypto/misc/boring#caveat ) that BoringCrypto is only supported for GOOS=linux, GOARCH=amd64.

Are there any plans to support BoringCrypto on arm64? If so, when? And if not, is there a recommended alternative?

Thank you!

Ian Lance Taylor

Sep 26, 2022, 3:02:17 PM9/26/22
to Louisa Berger, golang-nuts
On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 2:51 PM Louisa Berger <lber...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been using the BoringCrypto package, and would like to use it on Graviton as well. I see from the caveat here (https://go.googlesource.com/go/+/dev.boringcrypto/misc/boring#caveat ) that BoringCrypto is only supported for GOOS=linux, GOARCH=amd64.
>
> Are there any plans to support BoringCrypto on arm64? If so, when? And if not, is there a recommended alternative?

On tip, and the future Go 1.20, you can build with
GOEXPERIMENT=boringcrypto, and get a version of Go that uses
boringcrypto and supports arm64. This was added in
https://go.dev/cl/423362. Not sure whether it is documented anywhere
yet.

Ian

Eric Hubbard

Sep 26, 2022, 5:27:42 PM9/26/22
to Ian Lance Taylor, Louisa Berger, golang-nuts
Not sure if this helps but there is also this repo that does things a little differently..