how to start with go?

Kowsik Vunnam

Jul 23, 2024, 8:33:14 AM (2 days ago) Jul 23
to golang-nuts
Hi everyone I am new to coding and I learned Golang. I dont know how to start contributing or how to search for issues or how to identify issues, My question is how do people identify the issues how do they test the code?

James Hawkins

Jul 23, 2024, 9:46:19 AM (2 days ago) Jul 23
to golang-nuts
Hi Kowsik,

This is a time old statement from many new people to software not just golang.  I think to rather brush your experience with a broad stroke you should focus on one thing.

Maybe start here https://quii.gitbook.io/learn-go-with-tests  TDD has some nice guard rails which will give you the space to learn about the technology you are trying to use.

Guilherme de Oliveira Amorim

Jul 23, 2024, 10:01:36 AM (2 days ago) Jul 23
to golang-nuts
Well, usually, when I want to learn a new programming language, I create a project using the architecture I'm most familiar with, which in this case is Clean Architecture.

This way, basic elements of the language are studied in an intuitive and contextualized way. This helps to consolidate the learning and gives a clearer view of what the language is capable of and what its limitations are.

It works well for me!

Hope this helps!

Robert Engels

Jul 23, 2024, 10:04:57 AM (2 days ago) Jul 23
to Guilherme de Oliveira Amorim, golang-nuts
A few people have reached out to tell me they found github.com/robaho/go-trader worthwhile when learning. It was a project I initially created to learn Go myself. It touches on all of the major food groups except db access.