submitting to Go, needing to rebase

Leah Stapleton

Jun 14, 2024, 7:05:55 AMJun 14
to golang-nuts
Consider the following scenario. I make a commit to the Golang source code repo (at https://go.googlesource.com/go) A reviewer gives me feedback and I need to amend my changes. While a change is in review the HEAD of the target branch can change, in which case a rebase is necessary as described in these instructions

In describing the rebase, those instruction say to do this

$ git fetch https://gerrithost/myProject refs/changes/74/67374/2 &&
git FETCH_HEAD

I assume that, for the Go project, I would do

but for the rest of the line I'm a bit puzzled. To take a concrete example, if this was the change I'm trying to amend

What would the number(s) be that I'd add after refs/changes? Is this it?

refs/changes/591918  && git FETCH_HEAD

The example from the linked to blog post has three series of numbers followed by slashes etc.

refs/changes/74/67374/2

Thank you for explaining

Alberto Donizetti

Jun 14, 2024, 9:12:58 AMJun 14
to golang-nuts
In the gerrit page, click on DOWNLOAD on the right (or press d on your keyboard),
a window will appear. What you want is the second option (checkout).

Alberto