Unicode AzeriCase == TurkishCase?

Holloway Kean Ho

Sep 25, 2022, 9:54:37 PM9/25/22
to golang-nuts
Hi all,

Just to confirm, is the unicode special case "AzeriCase"  == "TurkishCase"?

I don't know about Turkish so help is needed just in case their charsets are different. Stumbled upon this while developing my own standard library and reading through the source codes.

Regards,
Holloway

Rob Pike

Sep 25, 2022, 10:19:15 PM9/25/22
to Holloway Kean Ho, golang-nuts
I believe so, but unicode.org is the place to research that question.
Whatever Go does is defined by Unicode 13.0.0 at the moment.

-rob

Kurtis Rader

Sep 25, 2022, 10:26:43 PM9/25/22
to Holloway Kean Ho, golang-nuts
It looks like it to me. See https://cs.opensource.google/go/go/+/refs/tags/go1.19.1:src/unicode/casetables.go. Exactly what the distinction is between "Azeri" and "Turkish" is lost on me since I'm an American; albeit one who is less provincial (I worked for 19 months in the Asia-Pacific region) than most Americans.

--
Kurtis Rader

"Holloway" Chew, Kean Ho

Sep 25, 2022, 10:34:27 PM9/25/22
to Kurtis Rader, golang-nuts
Hi Rob, hi Kurtis,

Okay. Looks like that's the case for the current version. I also briefly skimmed through (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHpqT2nDrfY), it sounds like they have ~10% differences but are they in actualy wording: no idea. I have to get out of the cave and makes new friends. XD

No worries, for the time being, I just put them into 2 separate switch cases in my library and map their processing functions back to the same map accordingly until new developments occurs.

Thank you and case closed. Cheers!

Regards,
Holloway

"Holloway" Chew, Kean Ho — Dare To Achieve

If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies. The sender holds zero liability for any damages caused. If the content is digitally and cryptographically signed and/or encrypted by GNU Privacy Guard (GPG) key, please seek out the public key with the sender email available at: https://www.hollowaykeanho.com/pubkey.gpg