Modules: retreiving latest version

stephen.t....@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2021, 8:15:47 AM9/30/21
to golang-nuts
Hello,

I've been using modules for a while now and I thought I understood them but it seems that I do not.

I have a project that is tagged at the latest version as v0.14

I have another project that uses the first project but I cannot get it to use the latest version. The latest version it will use is v0.12.1. This is the version that is reference on pkg.go.dev. So I have a inkling it's something to do with that but I don't know what that might be.

The command line for I'm using (in the second project) for updating go.mod

  got get -d <first_project>@latest

This updates go.mod to v0.12.1

Explicitly asking for v0.14

  go get -d <first_project>@v0.14

Gives me the error message "no matching versions for query "v0.14"

This seems very basic to me, so I'm sure that misunderstanding something fundamental.

Axel Wagner

Sep 30, 2021, 9:26:44 AM9/30/21
to stephen.t....@gmail.com, golang-nuts
Do you have a link? Because from what you write, I can't see a problem either. So, without having a look ourselves it is going to be difficult answering your question.

Axel Wagner

Sep 30, 2021, 10:11:25 AM9/30/21
to golang-nuts
For those reading along: The issue was that the tag was `v0.14`, but had to be `v0.14.0`. The go tool requires all three version numbers to recognize the verison.