What is up with memo.com?

Ian Lance Taylor

Sep 21, 2021, 12:11:31 PM9/21/21
to golang-nuts
I'm seeing random repeats of golang-nuts messages sent from memo.com
with bad formatting. I'm also seeing regular messages telling me that
someone has connected with golang-nuts on memo.com, which I've been
rejecting at the moderation stage.

Does anybody know what is going on? I don't want to start marking all
these messages as spam if they are useful in some way, but so far I
don't see it.

Thanks.

Ian

peterGo

Sep 21, 2021, 12:48:20 PM9/21/21
to golang-nuts
Ian,

I received some gmail from memo.com for a golang-nuts conversation that I participated in. I marked the gmail messages as spam.

Peter

Brian Candler

Sep 21, 2021, 4:19:06 PM9/21/21
to golang-nuts
I've seen the same too.  Sadly memo.com don't provide any opt-out link in their messages.

Based on IP addresses in headers, the parent appears to be https://joylabs.com/.  I tried contacting them via their web contact form, but have had no response.

David Taylor

Sep 22, 2021, 12:03:21 PM9/22/21
to golang-nuts
I've just been made aware of this, and we're looking into getting it fixed.

I apologize for the unwanted emails — it should not be happening. Would anyone care to forward me what we're sending you if you have the chance?

Dave