golang-announce is blocked in Google Groups?

Jochen Voss

Jan 20, 2022, 6:38:20 AM1/20/22
to golang-nuts
Hello,

It seems that golang-announce is blocked in Google Groups.  When I try to access the group, I only get the following message:

    Banned content warning
    golang-announce has been identified as containing spam, malware or other malicious content.
    For more information about content policies on Google Groups, see ...

Anybody knows what this is about?

All the best,
Jochen

peterGo

Jan 20, 2022, 7:51:25 AM1/20/22
to golang-nuts
Jochen,

I get that message too.

https://groups.google.com/g/golang-announce

Google is also trying to lock me out of my gmail accounts, but they do that all the time.

I don't think Google puts their best people on security.

Peter

Ian Lance Taylor

Jan 20, 2022, 2:35:26 PM1/20/22
to peterGo, golang-nuts
On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 4:51 AM peterGo <go.pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jochen,
>
> I get that message too.
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/golang-announce
>
> Google is also trying to lock me out of my gmail accounts, but they do that all the time.
>
> I don't think Google puts their best people on security.

Hmmm, it is working for me at the moment. Are other people still
seeing the warning?

It's unfortunately the case that announce groups tend to pick up these
spam warnings, as people forget they signed up for the group and then
mark messages as spam.

Ian

> On Thursday, January 20, 2022 at 6:38:20 AM UTC-5 joche...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> It seems that golang-announce is blocked in Google Groups. When I try to access the group, I only get the following message:
>>
>> Banned content warning
>> golang-announce has been identified as containing spam, malware or other malicious content.
>> For more information about content policies on Google Groups, see ...
>>
>> Anybody knows what this is about?
>>
>> All the best,
>> Jochen

Sean Liao

Jan 20, 2022, 2:37:54 PM1/20/22
to golang-nuts
For me it did show as blocked a few hours earlier but works now

Jochen Voss

Jan 21, 2022, 3:22:23 AM1/21/22
to golang-nuts
Same here, the problem seems to have gone away.

On Thursday, 20 January 2022 at 19:37:54 UTC seank...@gmail.com wrote:
For me it did show as blocked a few hours earlier but works now

Peter Aronoff

Jan 21, 2022, 11:43:20 AM1/21/22
to golang-nuts
On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 2:35 PM Ian Lance Taylor <ia...@golang.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 4:51 AM peterGo <go.pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jochen,
>
> I get that message too.
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/golang-announce
>
> Google is also trying to lock me out of my gmail accounts, but they do that all the time.
>
> I don't think Google puts their best people on security.

Hmmm, it is working for me at the moment.  Are other people still
seeing the warning?

It's unfortunately the case that announce groups tend to pick up these
spam warnings, as people forget they signed up for the group and then
mark messages as spam.

I'm not sure whether this is the same issue, but most email from golang-nuts ends up in my spam folder. I keep marking them all as not spam, but so far, without any effect. Roughly 80% of the mail for this group ends up in the spam folder. Additional info: I recently created this Gmail account (for all things go-related), and I have a rule to funnel all email from golang-nuts into its own folder. Despite the rule, most email from the group goes straight to spam.

Peter

Bruno Albuquerque

Jan 21, 2022, 1:31:09 PM1/21/22
to Peter Aronoff, golang-nuts
FWIIW, the same happens here. When creating a filter (assuming one is using GMail) you can tell it to never send emails that match the filter to Spam and that6 is what I ended up doing.

Roland Müller

Jan 21, 2022, 3:40:51 PM1/21/22
to golang-nuts
Same applies for me. Most of mail for this group would be moved to 'Spam'. Only a custom rule prevents that to take place.