loadinternal: cannot find runtime/cgo

saurav deshpande

Sep 24, 2020, 11:30:10 AM9/24/20
to golang-nuts
https://github.com/achilleasa/bare-metal-gophers
Downloaded the source code from above link
Tried running the make file but get the error of cannot find runtime/cgo.
Version: 1.15 linux os
Please guide.
Thank you

Joop Kiefte

Sep 24, 2020, 11:46:56 AM9/24/20
to saurav.des...@gmail.com, golan...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know, this is a demo that relies on internals that are not part of the official API, so there are probably mismatches because of that. Maybe try with an older Go version first? Also, how did you install Go itself? Maybe the GOROOT is not set up correctly for example?

saurav deshpande

Sep 25, 2020, 2:02:02 AM9/25/20
to golang-nuts
Thank you for the reply,
I downloaded : go1.14.9 linux/amd64 and tried to make again but this time it gives me:
[go] compiling go sources into a standalone .o file
  | ./fma.go:7:8: can't open import: "math/bits": open $WORK/b003/_pkg_.a: no such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile:36: go.o] Error 2

I checked the usr/local/src/math folder and it contains bits.go file

Thank you.

Brian Candler

Sep 25, 2020, 3:51:00 AM9/25/20
to golang-nuts
I think he meant "really old", like go 1.8 (which was the version that the author of that project used).

saurav deshpande

Sep 25, 2020, 4:38:45 AM9/25/20
to golang-nuts
Tried with that but got same results

Joop Kiefte

Sep 25, 2020, 4:39:30 AM9/25/20
to b.ca...@pobox.com, golan...@googlegroups.com
Yep, that's basically what it comes down to: using the same Go version as the original author. I think making it work with the latest version would be possible, but might need adaptations.

p6sdb

On September 25, 2020 at 7:51 GMT, Brian Candler <b.ca...@pobox.com> wrote:

I think he meant "really old", like go 1.8 (which was the version that the author of that project used).

Joop Kiefte

Sep 25, 2020, 4:41:43 AM9/25/20
to saurav.des...@gmail.com, golan...@googlegroups.com
So I suspect then that some environment variables are not configured correctly -- the problem from the errors is the files not being found, this doesn't necessarily mean that they are not there...

p6sgx

saurav deshpande

Sep 25, 2020, 4:42:12 AM9/25/20
to iko...@gmail.com, golan...@googlegroups.com